Make instances on zek non pvp.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Reval, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Arvins Lorekeeper

If I am not mistaken Westo, this week has been the first time you've played in many many months, and you're not in a raiding guild. If you fail to understand I get it. Since currently the top guilds of Zek cannot beat current content, there is no reason for these raiding guilds to purchase an expansion when past content cannot be completed. So if you fail to see how it's an issue, by all means purchase something you can't use. You're a non raider anyways, so it really doesn't affect you.
  2. Westo Journeyman

I led raids through ROF and most of CotF.
  3. Arvins Lorekeeper

I understand, I am not talking about past content, I am talking about raiding and current content. Maybe if you were fully geared, raided, and we're unable to progress you'd feel differently. But be negative on something that would help us be on par with the ability to raid the same as blue servers.
  4. Westo Journeyman

I did it when it was current.
    Sure, I would have loved beams on ETWK1.
    Sure, I would have loved for Zergy's rampages to whiff through us, instead of PKing half the raid (including ending an 8 year kill streak).

But that is not what Zek is.
  5. Arvins Lorekeeper

Granted this changed for a lot of people when the Zek servers merged, the knowledge on how to fix it is there. It will take a little effort of Daybreak to fix it, there fore retaining more customers, many who have already left eq completly due to the lack of progression. Do you not agree if this was fixed, there would be more success in high end raiding on Zek, as probably would have retained many of the people who have quit because of this stall? Arx 1 for example, is a timed raid, very dps dependent, and when you hamper classes, mages, rogues, zerkers, rangers, wizards enchanter ae abilities that when a raid fails due to lack of dps that and it's a fixable issue, that it's isn't a valid problem that should be addressed? Say what you want, but you're not contributing anything constructive or positive to support this thread Westo, troll all you want, you and Lilkrazy and Zalkor should become good friends.
  6. Westo Journeyman

If by "constructive" you mean "blindly agreeing with your viewpoint" then no, I've got nothing.
    If you want gear that badly, you can just take a page from the Wudan Officer Handbook, and go blue.
  7. Arvins Lorekeeper

By constructive I mean any proposal, your reply was this is how it is. You haven't been around, you dont raid, therefore it doesn't affect you.
    Thanks for playing. But unlike you, I care about our server, at the current rate it will be dead by the end of the year, again I don't expect you to care, you play every once in a while. If you have an actual contribution I'd love to hear it, if go to blue is your solution, go for it, you probably have been there the last 6 months anyhow.
  8. Westo Journeyman

1.As mentioned earlier, I led raids in RoF and CotF. I saw members of our guild come and go, seeking greener pastures. We faced the same challenges.
    If you're insinuating that by missing one expac, I'm off base, you might need to remove head from .

2.We need less flakes on this server threatening to go blue, and more people who are committed to winning with the ruleset we all agreed on when we made toons.

3.Just because I'm not in a raid guild right now, doesn't make my opinion invalid. I could be raiding tomorrow night, if I chose to.
  9. Arvins Lorekeeper

1) You're not bringing anything to this thread, ypu haven't raided the new expac. I don't know why your posting here other than to troll.
    2) If you recall this is not how it was when we all made our characters, did you ever play on tz, vz, sz? You couldn't damage your team. So what you said is completly wrong.
    3) Have fun in Wudan. I am not sure who you think would take you, when you're one of the people who went to greener pastures, did you have fun on progression, p99, you've been gone, so you haven't been contributing at all to any guild this expansion, like I said keep your trolling if you have no suggestion for a fix. Did you read this thread at all?
  10. Leex Pewpewer

I think it would be awesome for Zek to have instances were you can only pvp if you flag up. However, I think it would take a LOT of work to get this to happen, so I don't see it happening ever.

You guys should just come over to a blue server of your choice. Re make a guild there even..It's not like you guys have any decent raid gear to get rid of, and if so it's just a few pieces..Seeing as you said you guys can't do TDS due to the mechanics.
    Arvins likes this.
  11. Fidde Lorekeeper

The Tutorial zone is a combat zone that doesn't allow for PVP. Please take a look at how that mechanic works Devs and see if it can be used on current raid.

PS. Please don't get into unproductive arguments. That will only get this thread locked. Its not about how "hard" this server should be, but its about fairness. We aren't in a raid to kill our buddies.
  12. Leex Pewpewer

Ahh, it's about fairness..Not if it's feasible or not..Gotcha.

Well good luck on that!
  13. Reval Augur

Didn't he just list a zone that A) Is on Zek B) allows you to hit mobs C) is non PvP?

Frankly I'd have to test it out or hear verification as to whether or not it's just the fact that they already coded it in that you can't pvp until you reach a certain level (which again, they obviously know how to manipulate the flag here), but it sounds like they have a solid reference point of code to look at, but just don't have any interest in fixing the server. I don't really see how you can post attacking a guy by saying he's not concerning himself with the feasibility of the change when his post directly addresses that particular issue outright. Are you looking for Johnny Cochran's approval as a mentor? Clearly from this person's understanding he has pretty good reason to think it's feasible. Heaven forbid he also wants things to be fair....

Also, in your other post, you added on a ridiculous requirement..

No one wants a flag that you can turn on and off at will in instances to allow or disallow pvp. That's really borderline unethical to overcomplicate things in this way. Basically everyone just wants every instance on the server that ever gets made from this point on to not have pvp enabled at all. If you could get on this like literally 10+ years ago, that'd be greeeeeeaaaaaaat. The closest thing you've got to someone that's pro pvp in instances is a guy that currently just left his raiding guild and wants to spite them I guess. While there will always be someone that just wants to watch the whole world burn, that's not 99% of the players. Hopefully a few different ones will post on this thread. Honestly I ask and people say that they /feedback it all the time =/. If you made a raid event where people have to log onto the forum and the jira site and write a well thought out post on either or both, no raiding guild would get past it.
    Arvins likes this.
  14. Iila Augur

Oh hey, they got a question about why they're ignoring PvP on the stream.

After trying to pass blame about the quest getting asked, they proceeded to ignore it by talking about the issues tracker. And then said that everything is Prathun's fault.
  15. Reval Augur

Poor Prathun =(
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  16. Reval Augur

Well, too late now lol. I guess my "veiled threats" finally came true. I held out as long as I could realistically. I'm not just mad, son, I'm disappointed. R.I.P. the best experience this game ever had to offer.
    Iila likes this.
  17. Ksenija Elder

It's true that PvP was one of the better aspects of this game, and Zek was fun, to a point.

But the rampant M-Q usage ruined it.

I transferred to Zek awhile back, being that person who always hit / to check who was in zone.

in Feerrott , The Dream near the undead when a monk zones in from Pandemonium. Drink IVU potion and proceed to sit in the tunnel leading to "old Fear". Open Track.
    Monk shows up on track and proceeds to make his way straight to me.

This happened way too many times to count. Popped Deftdance with OT Hammer equipped, transferred off right afterwards.
    Spent all of 1 month on Zek, having to deal with players warping on to my head like Zerkers, Clerics knowing exactly where you are with their Warrior husbands.

Zek was doomed the minute players went unpunished for cheating.

I feel for you Reval, I am surprised your still on Zek truthfully, you are one of the games best enchanters ( do you still play that Enchanter ? )

You would easily be a welcome addition to any top guild.
  18. Reval Augur

This is getting a bit off topic, but I feel like I probably would get bored. At the moment Reval is retired as a Senior Officer in Pandemonium. I was actively leading the guild from very early March of last year to around Thanksgiving. I still play my beastlord sometimes. Reval's year based subscription is set to not continue and should run out in ~4 months. I love what the char represents and what I did with it, but outside of pvp, I didn't really get any enjoyment out of playing Reval since mid cotf.

In terms of groups, the way beastlords work out seem to suit the way I play and the goals I have in a group better. There are many cases where a group died that wouldn't have if I was on Reval, but I feel like back when charm was really at its last peak (around HoT/VoA) was the last time I could really put so much into playing one character and still see returns for the effort that I was expending without literally designing the group around one character and strategy (rarely works, you can't always choose what classes you're grouping with or helping out). When CotF hit, I charmed a mosquito in my first DH mission, and a wizard (Shyner) popped discs and one shotted it, bugging the mission. The mosquito took like 2 minutes to kill anything. Frankly put, the reward for charming seemed silly given the risk.

At the risk of being simple minded and transparent, I like that when I pull on a beastlord (even though I lack the utilities to do it in all cases), the pet is still a reasonable source of damage, so in that capacity, I am an ideal puller (assuming the group can handle some adds). Using the pet to handle some adds can be really fun, and I think the overall kit of the class allows you to do more than you would think that you can do, but at a cost of really, really high level play. Dealing with the areas that the class is lacking in is challenging, and is often the reason that things can go badly, but it is possible to deal with them, so I'm working again with the concept of risk vs reward, and the motivation to improve is to mitigate the risk so that I can achieve a reward. Maybe people that really work out every trick of any class feel that way about the class. Who knows. I honestly feel like while enchanters are better than bsts by a mile at what enc are supposed to do that the enchanter class has sort of lost that for me. That said, it's still a great class, and if you play it I hope that you enjoy it.
  19. Sokon Augur

I'd like to show my support for this change to the Zek server.

1 of many things that should have been changed on the Zek server years ago and not doing so has helped lead to the current state of the server: ghost town.

given the history of guild progression into current expansion content, if anything, raids should be a little easier on Zek, not harder. the last expansion that zek guilds were caught up to blue guilds was the discord tower expansion(7 expansions ago) arguably one of the easiest end game content expansions ever, even after coming out with the 36 man raid content. there were 3 solid raiding guilds then.

i don't see any downside to making this change as it can only benefit the players on Zek and help the remnants of a raid force that exist there today get something going again.

good to see the dev responses on this. but, and many that have played eq pvp can attest to this, even with all the problems that have never been addressed for so many years, eq pvp is very fun. there is something about the core game play of it that is very exhilirating and entertaining. it would be nice to see the devs throw zek a bone every now and then, which would show some appreciation/acknowledgement of this part of the game and it's players. i mean heck, you've even deleted their forum section when archiving old forums, there is no place for them to post threads even anymore.

what you have really is a pvp platform that still has huge potential, a lot have tried it, alot have liked it, but it's not working in it's current state(neglected ruleset server). getting rid of zek all together and making a pvp system of a few zones accessible by all servers with some kind of pvp system/goals/competition board where we could compete in traditional open zone pvp, or group pvp, or maybe even raiding guilds could compete against each other for a leaderboard spot. i think there are alot of PvP models that could be worth exploring outside of the pvp ruleset server and that everquest's playerbase has shown a history of high enough interest to pursue something or atleast warrant a few quality of life improvements to their dying server that they continue to support.

possible idea: similar to most guide held pvp events - last man standing, queue fills up to x amount of players, once its full all players from whichever servers are zoned in. make a competition fee of 10k plat for example, winner take all. as soon as 1 person is left alive he receives the plat by parcel. it could be done with some sort of character copy to that zone so no items are traded or ever lost in the server wide pvp zone. Just one idea, I'm sure the eq team could come up with something that would be a hit for many players that want to pvp more.
  20. Reval Augur

Please close the thread. This thread was about fixing Zek, and it's turning into a "well Zek is dead here's what you should do about pvp instead" thread. That should be a separate thread. We can see what people think of ideas more easily through actual posts on those threads. The server's lost too much population for this to remain a viable solution at this point. The server is dead. There is no positive way to view the way that this issue was treated for the lifetime of that server.