Make Commonlands tunnel a bazaar enabled area

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Name2, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Bernel Augur

Part of the appeal of the TLP is doing things the nostalgic way, which for many means using /auction in the EC tunnel. Some portion of the TLP audience want that specific kind of haggling interaction when doing trades, and that factors into their decision to play in the server. Perhaps that is not your particular concern, but clearly lots of people want the EC tunnel method of buying and selling. If that no longer exists because everyone switches to a Bazaar, then their enjoyment is lessened and they are less likely to play on the server. Having a mixed mode of being able to sell goods could be a way to please both the people who want a bazaar and the people who want haggling in the EC tunnel. And since people play on the TLP for fun and enjoyment, finding ways to make both groups happy can increase the participation on the TLPs.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, I understand that is part of the appeal for some but not everyone. While there are some that like to haggle over prices there are others who hate that and want no part in it at all. Just because you haggle with someone over the price of an item doesn't mean it is a meaningful interaction. There is nothing wrong with having both methods in place but I see no reason to call the pre bazaar method meaningful interactions as all of that can still happen after the bazaar.
  3. Name2 Augur

I personally fall into the hate it camp. I want to set it once and forget about it without investing any time into it. The early expansion economy does nothing for me as a player. I don't have a problem with people that want to haggle and manually trade being able to do so, and I don't have a problem with them being able to outperform me as far as profits/savings go when selling/buying items respectively.
  4. birdsong_pawn Augur

They should add Sergeant Slate and a couple griffins to Bazaar to spice things up in there...
    Brontus likes this.