Make Boxing easier.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Siddar, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thraine Augur

like anvil said, its easy enough as it is .. the Devs will spend time and energy working on the new expac instead of fixing something thats not broken i hope
  2. Rumblerum Augur

Boxing isn't known to newbies. Sanctioning it would enlighten them, immediately.

Seriously, that's what I find so funny about people here. "/thread." I hope it is /thread for you as you obviously haven't contributed much.

Automation? It's already out there like crazy. Maybe they should ban boxing then? At least if they build something in house, and ban all other tools, they can have some measure of control.
  3. Warpeace Augur

How have the last 3 threads you have started gone? What did you contribute?
  4. Rumblerum Augur

A lot more than you, that's for sure.
  5. Rumblerum Augur

Let me ask this question then?

How many people would quit if they banned boxing? Based on my previous thread and threats, a lot.

Should boxing remain some trade secret? Hey, people have pointed out, boxers spend more. Well great, sanction it. Offer it to newbies. These newbies are at a disadvantage versus boxers. Why not just bring everyone into the fold?
  6. anvil Elder

it is already offered to everyone. all you have to do is ask. eq is 17 yrs old and we get 0 advertisements and you think newbies are going to find out about boxing, how exactly? they ASK and we TELL. any modern pc can easily handle 2, 3 or more eq clients without blinking.

with the wireless routers out there all you need is the space for more than one pc. you can even make desktops wireless as well.

now really how much easier does boxing have to be?
  7. kookoo Augur

I would quit for sure ( my 3 other boxed accounts ( TBM expansions for all my accounts )for sure if boxing was banned ) , and would only play my raiding shaman during raids , and or , to do the progressions needed .

btw , I play 4 on same screen / computer and known to be good at it ( caster group ) ...
    full screen ( windowed mode ) no other program running ect,.. I just click the little eq icon on taskbar to switch toons,.

I always play on 3rd view as well , so I can see all over the area .

BOXING is what keeping me still playing this game since 1999 ( only took few breaks here and there ), , with my boxing crew I helped a ton of players as well, to get progression done,,, getting pwled , helped many to get better armors ect..

@ RUMBLERUM do you think everquest could survive 50 % less revenue ( or more ? ) if they going to the banning boxer route ??
  8. Warpeace Augur

Most already know that Anvil however this person wants every single thing in writing from Daybreak and we know that will not happen. So they can just continue to rage on.
  9. Alekyne Journeyman

I'm not sure I understand what point it is that you're trying to make. What trade secret? It's pretty obvious that group content is designed to be completed by groups, and not solo. You can either attempt to form your own groups, sit LFG hoping to join an existing one, or be self sufficient and box it on your own. Nobody is forcing you to box, it's just a hell of a lot better than sitting around LFG.

Also, there is no need for automation of any kind to box effectively. With the use of macros, I alt tab and do just fine. Some of the current max level group content is a little more challenging for sure, but at level 92 you should be able to get stuff done with the appropriate toons and mercs. If you don't want to help yourself, but instead would rather sit on Vox and complain about something you're never going to change, I guess that's your choice.

Good luck.
  10. Janakin Augur

I would love to be able to turn my boxes into a type of merc with in-game scripting, etc. I know there are programs that do something similar, but I would rather not use a 3rd party program that does with a reputation for cheating. However, if they did create something like that then I would not be playing warrior and 2-5 caster classes when I box :)
  11. Rumblerum Augur

You think a newbie off the street would know or even be aware of it? I don't. What may come easy to you or I, what we take for granted, isn't transferred by osmosis. As a newbie, that option isn't readily apparent.

Making it easier, making it official, which I think is equally important for people who might know if doing so breaks any rules, would remove any and all doubt.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

Does anyone know how/what to change in the .BZR fine to allow buyer/seller to sell stack of 1000 that as a limit of 20? a detailed run through would be nice thx.
  13. gotwar Gotcharms

Again, finding groups in EQ isn't that hard. We find them on Test all the time. If Test has groups, Live has groups. Make your own groups by sending people in your level range tells (/who all 60 70,. for example). LFM is alot more attractive than LFG. Be a nice and gracious person and you'll be invited back. Join a guild, meet new people, do the social thing that EQ was made for. It's more fun with friends anyway.

Anyone who spends 5 minutes in general chat is instantly aware of boxing. It's not some secret, it's publicly talked about and easy to do.

People think you're a troll because you're on a campaign for something stupid, using poor arguments and misguided reasoning. Maybe you're not a troll, maybe you are, it doesn't really matter because this thread is once again on its way into thread lock/deletion territory.

It's possible to play solo on EQ and find groups. It's also possible to box and never group a single time. If you pick the right class, it's even possible to solo and never talk to a single person your entire EQ career. Different strokes for different folks; don't impose your will on others just because your own experience has been poor.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  14. Maasq New Member

Rumblebum, there ARE no newbies in this game. It is 17 years old. Why would anyone come to EQ rather than WoW or Rift? There's no pull any more.

Anyone with a modicum of gaming experience asks questions in the public chat part. People get out of the tutorial and start asking questions. One of the answers will often be "start a second character" but that won't be needed before level 70. That's a long time for a newbie with no powerlevelling to go without somehow stumbling upon the idea of boxing.

Finally, there's a whole tonne of info more pertinent to a player's survival and enjoyment that isn't given. How do you control a pet? What is stunlock? WTF is aggro, and why do I have it all the time except when I want it? And so on.... to get this info, people need to READ or ASK. You'd make this game far more user friendly by demanding that all of this was built into the tutorial. (for the rest of you, I know this is pointless and not even feasible. I'm just making a point :) )

Everything you ask for can be gained by joining a guild in game - groups, support, chat. You don't need an artificial carrot or stick. Any newbie not able to figure out that joining a guild and asking for help will lead to better gameplay probably shouldn't stick around anyway. They are missing the point of the game.
  15. Maasq New Member

Ah well, I tried.
    No, banning one legitimate playstyle won't force people into another playstyle less suited to them. That was the stick I mentioned.
  16. Rumblerum Augur

By grouping? Are the answers there? Especially on Vox @ lvl 92 by the way of a heroic character?

How would officially sanctioning, adopting, and making it easier to box not help and fit the mantra of any play style? Just formally recognizing it and showing newbies there is an alternative not fit that ah well I tried? That's what this thread is about, less we forget.

There's like an establishment here. Everyone is afraid to break the mold that just limps along. What is everyone afraid of?
  17. RadarX Augur

I've done a little trimming here. If you've found your post removed there are quite a few options available to you:

• Continue your debate by PM.
    • Move discussion back to the original topic.
    • Refrain from posting.
    Ok looking back that's not quite a few but it's slightly more than a couple. If you have questions regarding our forum moderation policies be sure to drop me a PM.
  18. Aghinem Augur

How to make boxing easier?

I-S-Boxer (although 3rd party, is allowed to be used since it doesn't manipulate the client & server)

/end_of_thread
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Boxing isn't hard. You just have to temper your expectations a little.
    I box often (not all the time, but often) - I figure I can get about 80%/60% out of war/clr in most situations.
    No special software, just alt+tab.
    Complicated missions, I don't even try. 1 or the other. Not both.

And 60% of a cleric is far better than a merc so I use my merc spots for dps. If they screw up I don't die, it just takes longer.
  20. Rumblerum Augur

This thread is more than the mechanics and nuances of "boxing," although that is important.

It's also about showing newbies there's an alternative form of play, officially, formally and right off the bat, a form of play enjoyed by boxers. It might be readily apparent to us, but to new person off the street, it may not. And the disparity in what one form of play can do versus the other, the freedom one affords, is undoubtedly large.

Remove the vainly kept secret. Introduce it, from the start.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.