<Major> will be on Selos

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Iyacc, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Iyacc Augur

It'll be a fast paced server but we'll probably take it a little slower than the ultra competitive gotta be first crowd. Our goal is always to get it done with a good, competent crew and not to be so big we have to split and do 3 or 4 of each raid to fill our gear slots. We want to have fun with good people and blow stuff up along the way. Our main goal will be to get as much done in Era but we aren't gonna kill ourselves to do so and will possibly run a little behind on some expansions.

Details being worked out but on Agnarr we used DKP based on hours of attendance and you were required to be in Discord to hear the raid instructions. Was not required that you actually speak.

Our long term goal is to stick together as best we can until Pantheon drops and play together there.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Xylonite Journeyman

What timezone and raid days?
  3. Iyacc Augur

Raid days TBD but we're mostly eastern and central. Raid time was 8pm Eastern on Wed and 7pm the other days. On Agnarr we raided Wed/Fri and then Sat or Sunday - kinda changed a few times for the weekend night.
  4. Iyacc Augur

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions or just wanna talk about the upcoming server!
  5. Protocol Dragon Defender

Glad to see <Major> coming to Selo as well. Best of luck gents!
    Fallfyres and Iyacc like this.
  6. Rydir23 New Member

I'm definitely interested. Sent a PM
    Iyacc likes this.
  7. Iyacc Augur

8. The Mighty Oz New Member

Considering the changes now, and that Mangler will be more of a relaxed environment
    I think yall would be happier there. Selos is going to be a rat-race server where most
    of the people are light-years ahead on content. No place for anyone who wants a relaxed
    atmosphere.

It will be impossible to have a healthy guild that isnt involved in the high-speed antics
    unless you plan on raiding PoP+ targets in one month in kunark or less gear.

Take a look at Mangler with the new changes. I think you will find it a better fit.

You can thank me with ice cream later ...perhaps on Mangler.

Best of luck to Major either way.
  9. Iyacc Augur

We have no interest in a 3 month unlock server. We just did that.

We've got 4.5 months to get ready for GoD, we'll be fine. Just because we don't want to open world, doesn't mean we don't intend to raid several times a week and be productive.
  10. Iyacc Augur

Also if you read the Mangler xp being slower than all other progression servers - we really have no interest in a grindy 3 month unlock.
  11. Sadilya New Member

You sound like you may be a good fit for me, aside from the raid times. I cannot make it before 8pm EST.
  12. Iyacc Augur

Nice talking to you tonight. Looking forward to Selo!
  13. Pickle New Member

Still planning on going to Selo?
  14. Iyacc Augur

Most definitely. Many of us just did 3 month unlocks on Agnarr and trust me - attrition is real on that pace. Lot of people get bored 8 weeks in to the early expansions.

We realize 4 weeks is fast but we've got 4.5 months to get ready for GoD so I think it won't really start to push until OoW and the expansion after is released. That's when the stress will kick in for some. And if that happens, we'll go at our own pace. We'll keep it sustainable so our people aren't stroking out trying to keep up.

I think there's a fit for guilds with this mindset on this server and it'll be a lot of fun.
    PaydroSmokedro likes this.
  15. PaydroSmokedro New Member

Glad to see that there are more like minded guilds heading into Selos, look forward to seeing you guys in game.
  16. Nicolos Journeyman

It’s nice to see at least some others are thinking the same way as I. Seems everyone is heading toward Mangler now but the 3 month unlocks are a deal breaker for me. Depending on what your raid days end up being, I will for sure keep my eye on Major.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Pickle New Member

Same here! Not sure what 4 week unlocks are gonna be like but sure as heck beats 12 weeks.
  18. beeroke New Member

Typical Iyacc , that's why I went to Faceless. The guy telling you about Mangler is probably who I think he is and even tho he is a bit of a , he is right and knows about a million times more about EQ than you do.

Major was the slowest, least progressed guild on agnarr. Selo will destroy yall. By the time you beat one expansion people will be 4 expansions ahead and youll just feed other guilds players left and right.
    GoD , lol you have no idea. GoD is OoW tuned and FULL time geared guilds were wrecked by it.
    Not that you would know much about it, right?

In one month yall gonna be doing PoP? in full velious by then right? hell no. and every month you will be more and more behind. it will quickly get to the point where the current expansions group gear is better than what you raid for. Then why raid behind the current? duh. Youll just bleed members to big guilds
    who aren't so stupid as to raid constantly for outdated gear.

Mangler xp will be nearly neglagable speed compared to selo, go read forums and do the math.
    Avg XP to 60 (the top lvl of launch there) will be the same as getting to 57 on manger, so much
    for "grindy" for whatever that means. Selos is the worst thing your guildstyle could do but you arent
    smart enough to see past "selos has fast xp" . So Typical. IF you think you know better, explain
    how you were the dead last raid guild on agnarr….when it wasn't "grindy" , lolz. You were just slow.
    And now your going to a server that is 10x worse for your guildstyle.

Cant wait to see you on Selos , so you can recruit for us. :p
  19. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

I remember the first time i thought i was cool. I use to tape a poker card on my bike frame so it would make a noise on my tire spokes. Man it was so cool cruising around with that making all that noise. This post must by your first cool moment. One day you can sit back and remember this moment and say " i was so cool being a E-thug".
    ForumBoss and Zentiler like this.
  20. Iyacc Augur

Beeroke - not sure who you are or what I did to piss you off but you do you and I hope you have fun in the process.

We're not going to try and keep up with 4 week unlocks long term. Nowhere in any of my posts has that been part of the plan and anyone who I've talked with personally has been given the same info. We just don't want to be a year plus in getting to content past PoP. We just went through all of Agnarr and are more interested in working on something new, at our pace. Getting ready for GoD shouldn't be an issue with 4.5 months to do it. After that, we'll adjust as needed.

I think there will be plenty of people on the server that start out balls to the wall and then find out along the way maybe they too want something different and we'll still be around. We never tried to keep up with Faceless and don't plan to this time around.