Maintenance

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Malbro, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Malbro Augur

I'm sure glad you all had that maintenance yesterday.... Stability is as awful as always. I just crashed to the server select screen.:mad:
  2. Dahaman Augur

I get to the server selection screen. I select a server (have tried FV and Tunare). I hit play (quick select or otherwise). The game crashes out to windows on me. It has been like this the past 9 hours.

Help! Is anyone else having this problem?
  3. Dahaman Augur

Hmm... I'm able to use another PC to log in to the server. So, the problem exists on the single PC.

Any ideas out there?
  4. Brudal Augur

Could be resolution setting exceeding the graphics card of the crashing pc. Hit the cog on launchpad and adjust down. Can happen if you copy your ui files from a pc to laptop and the laptop wont support the pc's resolution.
  5. Dahaman Augur

Unless DayBreak did something to change a setting, nothing on my end was changed from yesterday.

I started a new download of the client, hoping that will work. I'll be trying your suggestion as soon as it installs (if it doesn't work of course).

Thanks!

Side Note: The installer is having a severe corruption issue upon installing. It keeps crashing every 10 to 50 MB. Only 7GB to go on the install. Ouch.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you crash at sign in screen it is (95% of the time) a graphics issue. Who knows why it chose now to do it? It could be a windows update that changed your screen from full to windowed or the other way, or some driver update or firewall/antivirus. Custom UI'S. The list is long. The easiest way to fix would be to use the cog and check the settings there. There are a lot of posts on this and what your settings can be changed to under the cog to help fix it.Try goggle: eq crashes on sign in or eq crashes on server select.

And yes the installation is having issues recently. A specific file is corrupt apparently. Search these forums since I saw a post recently that tells you how to fix that.
  7. Dahaman Augur

For posterity, I downloaded the file dranikhollowsc.eqg and loaded it manually into the appropriate directory. That seems to have corrected the installer crashing issue. Thanks!

Huzzah! The fresh install worked. I shall definitely try the video trick mentioned upthread before re-installing next time though.

Thanks again!
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Woo Hoo ! Glad your back and thanks for posting the fix that worked for you so others are aware of it.