Main for raiding

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dmccollum, Mar 13, 2019.

1. dmccollum Elder

I will be 3 boxing an Enchanter, Cleric, and Mage on Mangler. I will most likely PL a bard to interchange with the Enchanter at some point. Most guilds require you to declare a main for raiding and DKP. Which class would you all recommend declaring as a main for raiding?
  2. Jontrann Augur

3. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

Cleric if you want to be needed. Mage if you want to get loot.

There's always too many enchanters, definitely would not recommend that one. Cleric is, by far, the most needed class on raids but you're generally splitting loot between 10+ of them as opposed to 3 or 4 mages. Bard kind of falls in line with Cleric, it's the 2nd most needed class and it's often highly played.
  4. Norok Journeyman

Without focus effects there is almost nothing for you to spend DKP on.

I suggest rolling a melee so you will at least be compensated for your time with a chance at a haste item.
  5. Bewts Augur

Even poorly played clerics get slots in raids.

Many times raids can get away with a single chanter but it will be hell for that chanter to keep buffs up. Once that’s done you get yelled at if you’re slow to tash every mob that gets trained on a raid. And when the raid isn’t just facing trash, they’ll expect you to know when to mezz and which mobs to mezz without any notice you need to perform that role.

Mages will be hounded for rods early on, their epic pet generates too much hate for them to use, and they’ll be equally yelled at for being too slow to malo every single mob in camp within 3 seconds of them arriving. When you aren’t doing that - you’ll be a call of hero slave for late arrivers or maybe even to skip content entirely where you and one other mage will be asked to call 70+ people within the span of 5 minutes. If you’re lucky enough you might get to nuke a bit and hope your pet doesn’t go splat because you didn’t get buffs on your pet because group buffs don’t land on them
    For a long time. Did I mention you can’t even use your best pet on raids?