Mag's beam kiteing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Booger, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edrick Augur

I haven't run into a paladin, rogue, or SK lagging out a zone in months. Am I not looking in the right places? I've mostly been around zones that are somewhat relevant, ie Veil of Alaris up to now.

And no, this isn't just about mage jealousy. I don't really care about beam spells. I care about zones that are current or near current being lagged out and disrupted, leaving everybody else unable to do anything. It's just that no other class can do that in VOA through ROF zones except one class.
  2. Goth Augur

problem is crap like this or whatever problem it is ends up festering for way to freaking long. anything that is broken or overpowered or whatever the problem takes an eternity to be fixed.
  3. Sinestra Augur

That depends, most of the time anything that gives players a huge edge takes seconds to bring the server down. There have been exceptions for sure, but usually it happens quickly. Now if it hurts the player, that is usually what takes months or years to fix.
  4. Goth Augur

Its easier to remove the reason or ability to train massive mobs than to try and punish those that do. you would need a lot more staff and or people capable of being the "EQ police" to prevent people from doing what they are doing. that's not going to happen, so you have to build the game so people cant break rules or cause problems.
  5. Langya Augur

That would hold water if it were not for the fact that most of the feedback they get is highly subjective, questionable, unsubstantiated nonsense. SoE developers rely too much on whiners on these boards and narrow demographics (mainly the top raid guild membership base) to determine where to swing their nerf bats.The top guys test well, but their objective in addition to aiding with testing is to get a leg up on live server up raid clearances. They are not going to be so involved in group content or where people might exploit various issues. Oh, and then the Devs have to actually listen.....

If there is no way to police the players, than the game itself needs to be tested more thoroughly, including how people can cheat the system. That or the process for corrections needs to be sped up as to not allow a snowballing effect to occur. You mentioned it yourself, Goth, that problems are just allowed to simmer for eons.
  6. Tharrg Augur

I do not have class envy. However I do hate having to compete with Beam Kiting. And I have had no experience in new zones so I am glad there. I hated warriors using their swarm killing when it was big, because of the disruptions it caused. Just because I hate an ability does not mean I have class envy. Class envy only occurs when that class has an ability or feature that I feel takes away from my class. For instance I have class envy that Mage Pets can and have been used to tank and some consider it better then a Warrior in some situations. Thats because I feel as a Warrior I should be able to tank 1000% better then a Pet should be able to tank. But thats because I love my class and feel I should shine in that aspect. DO I think I should DPS as well as the mage... NO! Im a tank.. not a dps.. if I wanted to be a dps then ide play a dps. I dont mind them killing fast or with massive dps.. I only care when that form of killing creates an issue that can cause me to die and be unable to enjoy the game. And Lag is not the Warriors friend. I hate nerf boards like any other person, because so many take that too mean things that it doesnt. Yes there are those who scream nerf over true class envy, but when there actually might be a good reason.. too many take it personally.
  7. Goth Augur

mage pets are an entirely different topic.

nothing wrong with mages though. best solo exp and game and damn near the best tank option in the game too. why does anyone play anything other than a mage.
  8. Goth Augur

They will be making changes to instances and levels so please take your PLing and exping to freaking instances once this is done.
  9. Explicit Augur

You and I both know this is not the correct way to achieve what you want. There are no game-breaking feats linked to NTTB and you'd be hard-pressed to find something even closely resembling "OP" about it -- it was tuned pretty harshly in beta. Unless, of course, you think grouping warriors deserve survival nerfs as retaliation for calls to a very niche aspect of your class.

As for its PVP uses, PVP in this game is a complete joke and shell of its former self (PVP in EQ is so wildly unbalanced in basically every sense of the word that you cannot "tune" any ability around pvp) - so really, you can't even use that as an argument against it either.

The best option here is to just not post, whether in favor or in protest. Any and all worthwhile data can be obtained from the first couple pages, the rest is just fluff.
  10. Goth Augur

Obviously the changes to they way instances and levels is the answer to this problem. I have been censored 2 times by mentioning it. Take your zone disruption to instances you have no reason to do it in lives zones once they make the changes.
  11. McDougal Augur

Yep LOL. Convenient and obvious .
  12. fransisco Augur

The only tanks intimidated by mages are terrible tanks.
    Enkel and Ammeren like this.
  13. Ammeren Augur

This is the best post of the thread so far!

Thumbs up!
  14. Goth Augur

yea same ones saying mercs are better tanks than they are.. but none the less, no mage is going to admit that their pets are good tanks.

im half tempted to make a mage because i don't think nothing will be changed to this ability. never hurts to have a beam kiting PL tool around. I know its not hard to do after seeing the videos of it, it looks easier than wizard beam kiting.
  15. fransisco Augur

Its impossible to level up in tons of good zones because SKs are swarming the crap out of them 24/7. Yet swarming hasn't been stopped. Ponder that.
    I've yet to be convinced this is anything but a jealousy thread. Any SK stating beaming needs nerfing but swarming is ok is a hypocrite.
    Ezlano likes this.
  16. Ammeren Augur

I guess I called it, regarding Sashagrey.

Boxing Mages to beam but doesn't even know how to play one =/
  17. Sashagray Journeyman

Sorry for double post, thought I hit the wrong button
  18. Sashagray Journeyman

Never claimed I was the best at playing a mage, just saying that at least all my plvling I did was responsible and didn't bother another soul while beaming, and infact have helped many many other people level as well free of charge
  19. Sanh Elder

1. Ive personally never witnessed an sk swarming to the point where he disrupted me, much less to the point of server lag.
    2. Sk swarming is not nearly as overpowered as Mage beaming is.
    3. 2 wrongs never made a right.

If you think swarming 100+ current mobs is just fine and dandy, say so and support why you think this is the case instead of deflecting the issue.
  20. Sashagray Journeyman

I know a mage well enough to have finished the entire rof and cotf expansion boxing with its pet as my main tank, and doing everything I want in the group game... Could I smash a top mage on a raid parse? Probably not.. But I wouldn't be totally inept either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.