Magician spell requests for next expansion

Discussion in 'Casters' started by quseio, Apr 30, 2020.

1. quseio Augur

My requests for NeW spells Summon weapons what we got is great but how about more like a weapon that procs heal,an ae,super ds,haste ,stun( whatever players can proc with weapons , theyre powerful so they should probably be solo spells!

Summon plate, give it some sheilding and stuff the stats are crap
    Summon visor the upgrades are extremely small please make the haste bigger

Pet skill/spells like we can make our pet do a better bash , or a knockback,

A new Aura for mages it puts a spell like aegis of kildrukan on all pets in a area , obviously it probably shouldnt be as powerful as our normal pet aegises.

Elemental berserk warcry, it would be a situational haste like burnout but it would be higher power somehow more haste more str ,strikethrough, and such, but would suffer a penalty to hp , and or defense or Negetive regen
  2. kizant Augur

I think you should get a pet weapon that procs a swarm pet.
    Pawtato and Beimeith like this.
  3. Vento New Member

Honestly speaking, it sounds cool but we are already over powered enough as Magicians. We don't deserve any of that stuff, and I could be wrong but I really don't think we do. We do so much damage, and can sustain ourselves very well in a group or alone. Elemental Berserk Warcry Idea, we already get a Dissident Companion which makes the pet go wild and assists with healing for 30 seconds without any of the negative affects you mentioned (don't try to get us nerfed by volunteering negative effects). You want another style of Burnout - go complete your Anguish T2 Robe Quest - you want another Pet buff - go buy the robe from the lower level COTF vendor using earned Marks. Our Arcane Distillect Aura is 15% AOE pet damage increase for shorter ranges, and Rathe's STR is 10% with a longer range. That's a wild enough Aura for us. You want your pet to do a better bash, increase companions fury line to increase attk, you want the pet to tank better toss AA's in companions fortification to increase AC. Our pet weapons already proc ridiculous amounts of dmg for the ratio they proc at, our pet gear is GREAT for our levels ( and our pets already come with 50% of the gear on it anyway) Our DS is wild, our Veil line is insane, I don't know about you but I wouldn't want a pet to knockback mobs all over the place.

No offense but you sound like purely a solo player, and one who hasn't reached 111+ yet, and there's nothing wrong with that. But we don't deserve to be a super class above all other classes. -V
    eqgamer likes this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You think you're funny, but you're not.
  5. quseio Augur

no i dont want to be a super class im just tired of spells that barely do anything worth while the armor summons/mask, and haveing new procs for weapons hardly makes for a superclass it doesnt have to be some super effective proc just slightly better, are you really happy with getting copy pasted spells
  6. Tucoh Augur

If the only thing DPG did for mages in the next expansion was fix pet lag, that'd be enough.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/magicians-next-expansion.259024/
  7. Vento New Member

Every class goes through the "copy & paste" issue. Every expansion is the same with gear, every spell update is the same just with a different name. There's only so many variations you can come up with at this point. I don't know how your character is lined up, but I do pretty ridiculous damage - so I can't understand the comment about our spells barely doing anything worth while. The summoned weapons proc SO often, hit for nearly 10K HP, are pretty un-resistible. I am just not understanding what more you want is all. What level are you, are you AAs placed properly? Are you combining spells properly when casting? I've been playing a magician since 2002 and cannot say I've ever gotten bored with the class.

I've requested DPG to fix our fire pets, since they really do suck. There's even a thread for it under my other account Bardan. I've also requested an additional rank of companion's suspension which is listed somewhere directly under this thread.
  8. Nylrem Augur

Pet weapon proc dps is laughable. It doesn't get boosts, or crit, etc, like players can. It gets partially resisted a fair bit., for an average of just over 9k proc, average proc every 6s (duel wielding) in a lag free zone...

Even with the 'boosts' that they got this expansion, they still only add like 1500 dps, from not having ANY weapons... WHEN the pet is actually DPSing a mob, and not lagged out to heck...

Surge of Ice alone, from weapon melee proc, with just me meleeing a combat dummy, is over 7k DPS, with zero aDPS, boosts, or anything. Average proc is just over 62k, every 8.8s (2hander).

Pet weapon procs are a joke, for DPS. They should be a whole lot more than 20% of the melee proc damage that the magician can do, solo.

NO, 'just fixing pet lag' would not be enough... It shouldn't be an issue at all, right now.

Our Dissident is the worst in the game.

Main pets have enough runes nowadays, however, an aura that was a rune for all pets, including swarm pets, that blocked most AE damage/rampage/riposte from raid mobs may not be terrible. Allow the 'baby' swarm pets to live a touch longer, maybe. Would need to make current aura on pet, and affect all pets around it, that way 2 magicians in raid, could run one aura each, and affect all pets.

Pet haste, buffs, etc stuff... is crap, just like Dissident.

NO BOOSTS should be pet required, or boosts on pet only, etc.

We're very good, sustained DPS right now. Burst could use some help though, IMO.

Dissident revamped, so that it was worth a crap, would be awesome. Combination of Spear and RS pet, in one cast, would be good, if didn't lockout recast of either spear or RS pet...

Summon Fire Orb with updated nuke proc, and put on a SPA that allows more boosts, would be awesome.
  9. Petalonyx Augur

Firebound Orb upgrade is something i am really looking forward to, and am keeping fingers crossed for.

Like quite a few classes, there seems to be room for a resource intensive bomb (mana and/or cast time, not affected by GoM). I appreciate it when resource decisions matter.
  10. Sancus Augur

Everything I wrote here is still relevant, but one thing I'd add is that work needs to be done to improve our Magic-based damage. If next expansion is the second part of ToV, improved magic damage may not be immediately necessary, but eventually there will be another expansion with fire resistant content a la Veeshan's Peak or Plane of Fire.

Part of the nature of the class is having lower damage, more mana efficient Magic spells, but the disparity between magic and fire lines is far too wide. Shock of Burning Steel, the primary magic-based nuke we get on level cap increase expansions, has a base damage that's 36% of Spear of Molten Komatiite. That's between our level 90 and 95 Spear lines. Korascian Bolt's base is 46% of Spear of Molten Komatiite's and between our level 95 and 100 Spear lines.

Some potential solutions:
    • Next expansion we are likely to receive an upgrade to Korascian Bolt. The standard 21% upgrade would put it around 27k. That's comparable to Spear of Blistersteel (level 100). A substantial upgrade in base damage and mana cost to position it more closely relative to Spear would make it far more viable when needed.
    • Chaotic Inferno was a boon to the class, but we don't get any of the benefit of its procs if we swap to a Magic-based lineup. A magic-based line on the same timer would address this.
    • This is a spell thread, but something I've previously suggested is allowing the Steel Vengeance AA to proc off of all Magic-based spells rather than just off of Shock. The proc has a high base damage but a low-ish proc rate and as an AA (level 254) is not focused by a number of things. The benefit here is it actually simplifies an existing AA line and doesn't require retuning of spell base damage. It also isn't focused by Thaumaturge's Focus, which is probably easier from a tuning perspective.
    Magic damage often gets pushed to the wayside by more immediate needs (e.g. general DPS in raids), but we are definitely exposed if an expansion is released with a disproportionate amount of fire-resistant content.
    IblisTheMage, Pawtato, Leex and 2 others like this.
  11. Xinny Lorekeeper

Sancus,

I liked your above post. I have been asking about this magic adjustment for at least the last three Beta testing. You even thumbed up my last post, and there were some good numbers in there to play with. At this point I would be willing to ditch the "mana conservation" of the magic spells in order to have comparable choice DPS wise. (Choice makes classes interesting)

Additionally I like your idea about the Magic version of the Chaotic and the Steel Vengeance AA working on all magic.

All of these things a BIG YES. Please don't make us feel like we are 15 levels behind on DPS anymore when magic is required.

The Dude
  12. Pawtato Augur

I support this and it would help with raid lag.
    IblisTheMage, Sancus and kizant like this.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

But I giggled, amd thought: petception!
    kizant likes this.