Magician pet takes summoned gear.... possible bug or issue?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Cicelee, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Cicelee Augur

Before the AC and attack changes in last patch, the EM23 magician pets would not take any summoned gear with the exception of swords. Today after wiping on a Kor Sha named, a ranger friend and I decided to quit for the day. He logged his shaman on and asked for summoned gear for the shaman pet. I summoned weapons, armor and jewelry to give to the shaman. Out of curiosity I decided to summon armor and jewelry for my pet. To my surprise, it took some of the pieces!

The pet would not accept any of the pieces from the 101 Grant Thassis' Plate spell. When it came to the 101 Grant Calix' Heirloom spell, the pet would not take the necklace and the shoulder item. However, it did take both bracers, the one earring and the one ring that came with the summoned items. When I summoned Calix Heirloom a second time to see if it would take a second earring and ring, it would not accept either of them. I also, for giggles, tried to give it the 97 Grant Visor of Gobeker... it would not take that.

So I wonder, we all know that pet AC was ridiculously screwed up on Test server and "fixed" a day before the last patch went live. However I wonder if more mistakes were made, since the pet can now take four summoned pieces of armor/gear that it could not otherwise accept beforehand. It feels like the pets should not be accepting any of the summoned gear, especially at max enhanced minion 23. Feels like either the pet should have gear on, and does not (hence why it accepts the summoned stuff)... or the pieces it has for those slots are very weak and should be increased so that it doesn't replace those pieces with summoned stuff.

FWIW this was with the 104 earth pet. I did not test any other pets to see if it would take gear.

Is this a possible bug or issue? If not, mages out there can start summoning and giving your pets those four pieces to help with tanking...
  2. Brohg Augur

That's been the behavior for years. Pets are summoned equipping the Thassis' Plate and a haste mask, and so will benefit from pieces that fill in / upgrade those.

The focus bracers have better stats than summoned plate (pets judge based on AC). one has better stats than the other, so pet will only take both in a particular order (it only ever equips the best one it gets)

Pets are not summoned with ring or earring, so takes both focus items.
    IblisTheMage and Drusi like this.
  3. Venau Augur

I can attest to what Brohg states as being true. I've been putting heirlooms on my mage pet for quite some time.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

Me three. :D Been giving my pet heirloom stuff for a long time. Top air and water, earth pets will take them. I don't know about the fire one.

I have been giving them one bracelet, the earring and the ring.