Mages on TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by aindriuc, Mar 16, 2019.

1. aindriuc Elder

Hey everyone,

I made a mage once before on a TLP. At the beginning, nobody has much money and magician reagents cost money for pets.

When I was soloing during the first few levels the pet was great.

I moved to Crushbone and got a group. I was using the fire pet. The fire pet has this massive nuke that destroys mobs. The nuke is really powerful.

However, the pet draws a massive amount of agro after the nuke and then gets one shot and you have to recast over and over.

While the fire pet nuke is great, it gets frustrating when it's one shot and dies.

On a new TLP, how do you group properly when the pet keeps taking agro and gets one or two shot?

Don't get me wrong the pet is great but it's defensive capabilities are poor.

What's the solution?

Was i doing something wrong?
  2. Korzu111 Elder

It is now widely believed that Water pets are the best pets up until 24, if not past that. They're the 2nd-most tanky so they'll live a bit longer than the fire elementals. They're 80% as tanky as earth but do about 90% of the DPS of a fire elemental. By comparison, Fire is about 50% as tanky as earth pets. So you only lose a little bit of DPS for substantially better survivability. I'd try switching to Water and seeing how it does.
  3. sumnayin2 Augur

When I started on Agnarr the low level fire pets were nuking for 300+...they don't do that anymore if that is what you're talking about.
  4. aindriuc Elder

Thanks for the tips.

Yeah it was on Agnarr. The fire pets were nuking for insane damage at low level. Glad they fixed that.

I might make a mage so then hehe.