Mage Water Pet with Snare?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Chibz, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Chibz Journeyman

How about giving our water pets a snare spell? Earth pet has root, so doesn't it make sense? Ever tried moving fast in water?
    Vinjiansai likes this.
  2. smash Augur

Why should magicians suddenly have innate ability of snare?
  3. Brohg Augur

Wrong direction, imo. Water pet should be the healing pet. High proc rate -agro Target-of-target heal.
  4. Piemastaj Augur

Not really seeing snare as a huge deal with the way EQ has progressed. Back in the day, snare pet would have been really beneficial. Now it would seem lackluster at best imho.

I do think the pet only having a nuke is really a bad choice. The proc could use a change considering Air and Fire both have DD procs. Heal for the tank would be nifty. Pretty much anything different would be a step in the right direction at this point. However, I do not see them investing time in changing the proc.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Give your pet 2x Entwined Hammer and you will have mobs perma snared. :cool:
    Overtime likes this.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Interesting... no level limits on the stun and snare?
  7. Vindicate Elder

Please don't mess with the dps pet
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

water pets should be able to FD into Puddles....
    IblisTheMage, Sancus and Coronay like this.
  9. Armour New Member

my pet will not take the entwined hammer, used to but now will not, level 110 mage with XXV enhanced minion
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

Maybe report it in the bug thread for the latest update?
  11. menown Augur

Is your pet already weilding 2 other weapons with lower delays?
  12. Brunlin Augur

Water pet is a rogue, with back stab why would it snare.......and someone said healing?.... its a rogue!
    Skewert and eepok like this.
  13. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Ooo, water pet now applies poisons of various types to weapons? Sign me up... /s
  14. Romen Lorekeeper

There are the whips from Splitpaw that proc snare. I have also found the higher level air pet stun can effectively work as sort of a snare on fleeing mobs.
    Skewert likes this.
  15. Fluid Augur

About the only change I would make is the option to stop casting and stick to the MOB. Nothing like a fleeing MOB going for help and the stupid Water pet stops pounding it to cast which lets the MOB get out of melee range.
  16. Qbert Gallifreyan

/pet spellhold?
    Skewert and Fluid like this.
  17. Fluid Augur

Needs to be available from the start. Doesn't work on tlp.
    Skewert likes this.
  18. Nylrem Augur

Not had good past experiences when they mess with pets...

However, a choice for buffs would be great... Prism skin proc with choice: ice nuke, ToT heal proc, bring back Malo proc, and a Hate proc would be great... Earth pet still stinks for agro.

Snare proc unnecessary on current content, and I would think would make magicians a bit too powerful on TLP. Has always been the Achilles heel for magicians, since ring of slime removed.