Mage vs Necro in 2017 - live

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Kraymerica, Oct 15, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

If you are not in a full group killing mobs in 15 seconds, necros are great.
    Mages are alot more constant (no dot ramp up time).
    Necros contribute. However, when things go poorly, necros have more tools to handle the choas than mages do.
    Both are good classes. Mages are more constant, necros are more variable, but have more tools to make up for it.
    Ismel likes this.
  2. Intenso Augur

did they ever do necro dot rework?
  3. fransisco Augur

4. Gnomeland Augur

The first rule of Mages vs. Necromancers is to never talk about Mages vs. Necromancers. Experience dictates that any in depth analysis of the two classes will get both nerfed.

Now, about that Warrior DPS...
    Skewert, nantalbus, Xnao and 3 others like this.
  5. Spellfire Augur

Leex, gotwar, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  6. fransisco Augur

all 4 of druid dpses?
  7. Xnao Augur

Sphere does nowhere near 109k a tick by the way. Last I knew it did around 100 a tick. Cannot be focused or boosted by anything. Only time I ever used it was doing solt 3.
  8. Nightops Augur

Necro's have an EoK version for sphere aura and the info says 111k per tick on Rk3 (Decay Effect III)
  9. menown Augur

That parse info also says range of 300, which is not true. Also, aura ticks are every 3 seconds. When I was testing the damage out last beta, I had to compare it with other spells damage and NPC % dropped. It was doing about a bit more than 50,000 every 3 seconds. Maybe 54K? Things may have been changed since then. I have not gone back to testing exact damage.
  10. menown Augur

Good druids that love to DPS and have the correct adps can top even the best berserker parses. However, most druids that I have played with don't like to DPS or are not good at it. Druids are expected to heal in raids which makes their DPS suffer. I would really like to see what a group of 4 druids, 1 enchanter, and 1 bard can do. Pew pew.
    Leex and code-zero like this.
  11. Nightops Augur

You might be getting into the weeds too much and not realize what direction you're headed.

My fault for inserting the words 'per tick' when no posted spell info has the duration listed in a per-tick amount. The guy I was replying to said the necro's aura was no where near 109k per tick (this is likely why I used the words 'per tick' in my reply). However; and I'm not a math scholar, but... 54k per aura pulse (3sec) and a 'game tick' (6sec) is double the time... 54k x2 = 108k. That seems really close to what would be 111k per tick on the rk3.

Since I have never tried to get the damage calc out for this aura, in all fairness, I don't know if that would be 111k in total, per tick, or per pulse. I do know it's a nice upgrade over previous auras and worth casting when you have multiple stationary mobs that die quicker then the duration of a swift dot.
  12. code-zero Augur

Hmm, what would be the best adps lineup for a druid and what spells should the druid be using? I main a bard and have an enchanter I drag out on another account from time to time...
  13. Brohg Augur

Nothing extraordinary or unusual for caster dps. Just Aria+Auspice+IoG to go with their own stuff. All the buttons & watch the fireworks
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Leex Pewpewer

You'd see a class nerfed faster then when I posted my rain parse.

;)
  15. Repthor Augur

Nerf all the things.
    Leex likes this.
  16. Tinyfeet Elder

I vote we just go back to nerfing paladins some more, im sure they like it.
  17. Moege Augur

I know a few mages that still play (and like the class) time to exterminate them once and for all ?
  18. fransisco Augur

mages are like mold. You'll never get them all...
    Moege likes this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

Best part of the skull AE is that it takes care of pulling. Below the floor, behind a wall, above the ceiling, whatever. Once that skull comes out everything comes with it!