Mage Unnatural Nukes viable?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vizier, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Vizier Augur

Since TBL has quite a bit of summoned mob body types, I was wondering if any mages have adjusted their line ups to incorporate any of our Unnatural nukes? What zones / camps would be best for this strat? This thread seems like a good place to discuss where to use these nukes if they are indeed viable.
  2. Mintalie Augur

I have been using them but I cannot attest whether or not they're viable. Between the fire resistant mobs and our $hitty magic nukes, I figured why not. And since I can't parse, well...

<insert sad face>

I would however love to know how they stand against the other nukes since I'd estimate 75% of the mobs are summoned in TBL.
  3. Brohg Augur

Repudiate is efficient but not, like, good. Including it in the non-fire set is just right.

Its hit of the basic cast is under 2/3 Spear (20k vs 36k base damage). The explosive bane damage looks big (120k base damage!) but it's not real nuke damage. Not really. The bane hit uses SPA 79, which can crit but can't be focused. Thing is, even if it was a legit nuke - the following is hypothetical, not its real potential because it's not real nuke damage - it only fires 12% of the time - 12% of 120k would be 10k avg extra nuke power per cast, which would bring the total expected damage to 30k, still under Spear. But it's not really even raising the expected nuke power that high, because 1/3 of the otherwise-expectable base damage is the wonky non-focusable SPA 79

It does cast quickly, which is nice. And has a decently quick cool down, which is nice. It has a legit chunky MR-100 resist adjust, super nice. And it's under 1/3 the mana cost of Spear, which is, again, nice. But it's not actually powerful dps.
  4. Vizier Augur

So it remains niche for the times when you want non fire spells against summoned mob types. Meh.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Would be great to have it in the Kizant-tool :)