Mage pets stats project (PoP to start with) scaling with pet foci

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adonhiram, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Adonhiram Augur

Dear mages,

As the info about pet stats from PoP to TSS seems lost on the internet (I could find only information about classic and Kunark pets as well as SoF+ pets for which the eqmagecompendium site has abundant litterature), I thought it would be useful to start collecting and compiling data myself. Here the result for PoP pets with foci I had at my disposal. Feel free to fill in the missing infos if you have time to spare, thank you in advance.

[IMG]

[IMG]

And here the download link to the Open Office document where the foci and the in era item with it point towards the appropriate Allakhazam page :

[IMG][/IMG]
    jeskola and snailish like this.
  2. Kyzvs Augur

As someone who thinks the 1-85 game isn't a stepping stone that needs to be avoided at all costs and thoroughly enjoys the lower levels - I want to say thanks for taking the time to bring this data back, well done!
    Adonhiram likes this.
  3. Adonhiram Augur

Thanks ! I post from time to time on the eqmagetower and Danille, who runs the site, is semi-retired and he plays only on live, so the mage specialized forums only got information from classic-DoD/TSS if that information has been carried over the ages, like for example epic 1.0 walkthrough. The library contains tons of truly informative and intelligent pet analysis (stuff to give, impact of foci, stats tables, buffs, pre-summoned equipment etc.) but it is centered on the post SoF game. So a lot of early knowledge has been lost over the years unfortunately...

Also, there is a belief (and frankly I can't blame them) amongst live mages the pet nerfs which impact live too have occured because of us, the progression mages - we are innocent for sure, but the mage armies walling Trak etc. have attracted in a negative way the game developers attention towards our class, and so a cascade of nerfs were incoming in 2015-2016.

I think I will be able to solve the Vex Thal gloves issue, my guildies reminded me I can reclaim destroyed objects, so I bought those tokens and will recover my old VT gloves and do the parsing for MoD focus. Feel free to add whatever you want and eventually I could expand the document to include more infos (min max hits ?).
  4. jeskola pheerie

Good post
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Thank you for this. Saved!
  6. Darkenr Elder

Adonhiram, I have a mage on the test server with nearly every pet focus tier that would be relevant for the TLPs for quite some time. If I can find some time in the nearish future, I'll /resetAA on that mage so there isn't any AA stat effects and start getting you some info about these pets at the different focus levels. We'll rebuild our information on the pets! Sounds like a really fun project.

The method I use is using the elemental siphon line to see what % of life it steals from the pet on cast instead of dueling a class that can nuke the pet, and recast it a few times along with the higher level and lower level ones to try to get the most accurate measurement of HPs I can in case of regeneration tick hitting the moment after cast skewing the results.

I have this thread watched. :D
    Adonhiram likes this.
  7. Darkenr Elder

The hp information and max hit info found from like the https://web.archive.org/web/20090412095116/http://eqsummoners.com/eq1/pets-library.html is still quite accurate from my testing. The spell damage values are higher though than what's on this site archive.

It's honestly rather unfortunate given the raw player power increases of SoF AC Softcap revamps that retroactively work for low levels, and also the doubling of base hp/mana people got in the SoD era that also all players benefit from on the TLPs but yet Mage pets never got any equivalent bump in hps or mitigation retroactive to low level pets from the SoF/SoD era (not to be confused with the mitigation bump of LDoN for those anti-pet people that might scream that we did get a mitigation bump). Not to mention how melees get that passive out of era AA that increases their melee dmg output by a significant amount but no bump to pet melee dmg as well. *sigh*
  8. Adonhiram Augur

AWESOME !!! Thanks Darkenr :) A guilde directed me towards that archive website on our guildforum but I just didn't understand how the site works and was unable to display any page from the old forums.

A quick browsing showed me that the hps calculation give almost the same results, but the regeneration is much stronger nowadays or is it in combat regeneration which is displayed by eqsummoners ?

On Ragefire we are not yet in GoD so there was no way to use the Siphon line for me :) But the advantage of using a player who nukes your pet is to use several nukes of different 'size' ; this way, you obtain an interval with different total hps values (by doing a simple interpolation each time) which allows you to bypass as best you can the approximation of the UI which displays only a flat percentage without decimals : the real value is most likely to be somewhere in the middle, no rocket stat science to this...
  9. Darkenr Elder

Yea, the regeneration values are no longer accurate by any means and the same with the spell damage levels (damage component of Air Pet stun, Earth Pet root, water, and fire pet, etc). I just received a response from the admin on the eqmagetower forums about enabling standardized BBCode tables, so I'll work on getting a format together on our Mage forums to build up our repository of data for pets and have a thread dedicated to that data. The only data that we can relatively easily obtain is Max Hit, Rough HP Values, Level, Spell Damage, so that's what I'll concentrate on.