Mage pets and summoned armor

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Brelly, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Brelly New Member

I’m back after a few year absence and I’m confused. I tried to give my mage pet weapons and gear and it falls to the ground. I wasn’t able to get a clear answer in game. Do mage pets summon with full gear? I don’t see summoned weapons in the Bazaar either. What changes did I miss?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Brelly New Member

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. I do miss seeing my pet with weapons in it’s hands!
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

No pets are summoned with weapons. If the items are ending up on the ground, then you are dropping them on the ground not handing to pet. If you are handing to the pet, a little window with 4 slots will pop up. If the pet rejects the items because the slot is full, it will return to your cursor not drop on the ground.
  5. Eldrian Augur

When you give a pet an item it will either equip it, eat it, or give it back. It will never just drop it on the ground. If you are not getting a 4 slot trade window when handing over items then you are not actually trading with the pet. First thing to check, open your Options window and go to the General tab. Look on left side under the Copy Layout block and make sure Click Through Pets is NOT checked. Next look on the right side center where it says Allow trading with, make sure this is not set to No One.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Pets haven't eaten items for years now, if it wont equip it, the item gets handed back. That change is why the Priest of Discord take items to destroy.