mage pet dps

Discussion in 'Casters' started by nantalbus, May 11, 2017.

1. nantalbus Elder

trying to get some info to stop some crap in my guild.

the mages in the guild are split into 2 groups for pets on raids.

group 1. use water pet as it is more dps
    group 2 use earth pet as it can take more damage and live longer so while it less dps per hit it die less so it dose more dps over a long time.

what is the difference between dps for a water pet and the earth pet?
  2. Thraine Augur

on my group geared mage, with summoned fireswords and burnout haste only .. i get about 6.5k dps on the earth pet. the water pet comes in closer to 15k dps, just averages at a very basic level.
  3. fransisco Augur

Allow me to do my best warrior/sk impression :rolleyes: :
    <-- clears throat:

NERF PETS
    :D

That is all.
  4. Brohg Augur

I don't know what number to suggest (my recollection is something like 4k for ... some version of TDS), but remember to hyperinflate the combat dummy's AC to simulate a raid target's toughness. That will, of course, severely impact regular melee and raise the relative importance of proc damage. It will also more correctly let +atk crafted armors shine, if your magicians take the step of so equipping their minions.
  5. Piemastaj Augur

Earth is NEVER EVER EVER EVER the better choice unless you are pet tanking, or merely using the pet as a buff bot for your servants to have Theft of Essence on them.

Water wins with or w/o buffs by a hefty margin.

Just say no to Earth unless you are tanking.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Raid leader needs to simply never again invite any magician from group 2 into a raid ever again...
    Dre. likes this.
  7. Phrovo1 Augur

I thought pet tanking in raids was dead?
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Somewhere in the northland of Canadia, taking periodic breaks between sammich artistry to roll Drinal alts and troll general chat mercilessly, behind a counter in whatever they call Subway up there, the greatest mage of all time, she-who-must-not-be-named just cringed hard and doesn't know why. HEHE
    IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  9. menown Augur

Who is she-who-must-not-be-named?
  10. Chaosflux Augur

Yimin lord of earth pets, master magician of the highest order

Legendary player truly
  11. Igniz Augur

To be fair: she-who-must-not-be-named IS quite a legend, known far beyond the boundaries of Drinal and even the EverQuestverse!