Mage Pet Attacking Merc !???

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Altreality, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Altreality New Member

I was hunting in EoK Frontier Mountains earlier this morning, when all of a sudden, my 110 mage summoned pet started attacking my healer merc after the NPC sarnak was killed. I sicked my pet and a new summoned pet on it to kill it. But I have never experienced the past 2 years hunting there. Has anyone else seen this happen, and know why?
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

Merc charmed?
  3. Altreality New Member

As I stated, been back in game for almost 2 years now, and have never seen my merc get charmed in EoK Frontier Mountains, or my summoned pet in target window attacking my healer merc.

Are you saying you've seen or had your mage summoned pet appear in your target window and attacking your mage's merc, or are you just trying to be helpful by throwing any possibility out there? I am going to repost this in bug reports...
  4. Filter Augur

Pets, and players obviously, can be charmed on raid events and some regular mobs in non-raid zones/instances. However I don't recall any mobs in FM doing that but I haven't killed all of the named mobs in that zone either.
  5. menown Augur

What you are most likely experiencing is zone lag. Your level 110 RS swarm pet will sometimes become just a zone NPC whenever there is high lag in the zone. This can also happen in any zone with high zone lag. Frontier Mountains seems to be a place with lots of botters and boxers power leveling toons on several servers.

This problem often occurs in raids as well with their high zone lag. Hordes of swarm pets will fill the extended target window. Until Daybreak fixes the zone lag issues, this problem will continue to occur.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

I'm not saying that at all. My merc(s) have done many things-- including my cleric merc sprouting two swords and refusing to engage in any manner.

I'm just throwing something out there.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Obviously your healer merc was doing a poor and terrible job, and the pet was trying to help you in getting rid of that merc so that you could get a different one.

Let me guess- the merc is a gnome. They are always underperforming at their job. Your per was doing you a service and instead you destroyed the pet instead of the merc. For shame!

In all reality, it was probably lag related. On some COV raids when it gets very leggy, the swarm pets turn rogue and show up on ETW. I am going to assume your swarm pet got lagged out, became a NPC, and you had to put it out of its misery. Even though I like the poor performing gnome healer merc idea a lot moee.