Mage Pet Aggro Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dahaman, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Dahaman Augur

The mage pet (level 66 air pet) is not taunting like it should.

About 50% of the time, it stops taunting and can't hold aggro at all. This happens during a session of the game and remains consistent for that session in that zone at least (it can either taunt or it can't). Logging out and in can sometimes fix it, sometimes not. Pet or mage death does not consistently fix it. Clicking the taunt button has zero effect on taunting or not when it is bugged, although the button seems to work properly when it is working in a non-bugged state.

This first happened just after the last patch. I've used the mage pet as a tank consistently since last January on Coirnav, and it worked in predictable precision until the last patch.

A small data point (may not be related): when this was first noticed, the "Guard" toggle was also flipped on for the make pet as well as my SK's pet. The shaman pet was not toggled. This happened the first time both characters were logged in after the last patch. I don't use taunt with the shaman or SK pet, and haven't experimented with them to see if they are bugged too.

I also have not used another pet to tell if this is single pet spell related.

The pet I use, I equip with all the up to date pet gear (up to level 67, the mage's level). I buff it with full shaman buffs (again, up to level 67 spells). I play on Coirnav if that makes a difference.
    Joules_Bianchi and Baldur like this.
  2. Baldur Augur

This also happens with pet hold off and your pet is supposed to auto-attack anything that hits you. After some period of time of being attacked a lot eventually the pet will stop auto-attacking mobs that hit you.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that because I have no idea what causes it. But if you just stand around aggro mobs for awhile with pet hold off and let the pet auto-aggro, eventually it will stop attacking and let mobs beat on you.

Maybe this is related to the taunt issue above?
  3. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening?
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Yes, randomly. I can't predictably recreate the error, but yes, it happens. Mercs do it too. I believe it to be a group / party window error. In similar circumstances, most often in actual groups, but sometimes solo / molo, the game does not believe the merc or pet belongs to it's owner. There are times when I disband from a group and merc / pet remains in group until I camp out or zone to reset. I have been told to dismiss my merc in order to leave a group or to suspend a merc or pet before due to the same error type. The game disallows me suspending my own merc because it believes the merc is a player or another player's asset until we disband entre group and reform it after victim player camps / zones to "reclaim" ownership.