Mage epic turn-in gone wrong

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scimitar, Jun 26, 2021.

1. bardybard Augur

Hi Warpbu!
  2. niente Developer

If you lose quest items during a turn-in like this, please post or PM your character, server name, and the estimated time when you tried to do the quest, and we can try to fix it.

Thanks
    Imdead, Duder, Triconix and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

This is a change of what current CS policy is, which has been to deny, deny, deny help for these situations unless you manage to find a kind/bored CS rep who actually does something for you.

Does this only apply to TLP servers and their quest turn-ins? Or is this now the new policy moving forward for all?

And does CS know about this?
    Ravanta Suffer and CatsPaws like this.
  4. Risiko Augur

The response the original poster quoted from CS is a form letter that is sent out anytime they get a petition of this nature. Reality is that CS has a "hands off policy", but luckily some people that work there know that it is a really, really horrible policy, and they will help you if you ask the right people nicely.

I would start by sending a PM to Niente (as stated above). Niente is good people. Just saying.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Yeah, there's a difference here. Niente is looking for something they can use to identify bugs and fix them, not providing CS services for failed turn-ins.
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

Niente is my favorite Dev for a reason, not cause she breaks things on beta though like auto attack but cause she's helpful.
  7. darkdelusions Lorekeeper

You may want to reach out to you GM staff and let them this know this when I was doing my FA and the quest mob despawned on me I was told to go pound salt...

The GM staff is less then helpful on TLP servers, I had to petition 3 times the other day to get them to take care of a 10 boxer warping \ far taunting mobs in seb
  8. Scimitar New Member

Yeah you were so convinced upfront you did not bother to read my posts and the clear evidence I provided showing it was not user error.
  9. mikey87 New Member

Until i see other people posting that its bugged, the duder screwed his own pooch. Which is easy to do in this game btw, maybe he was invis when he turned in, maybe he clicked the npc but the clipping clicked somebody else. Maybe he jumped the gun on the questline and had to do something right before he turned in, like hail him and talk to him about something. Who knows. I saw the screenshots, my point is theres quite a few stupid little things that could happen to mess up a turn in.

Haven't you ever had one of those moments where you're willing to die on a hill about X, and a week later it just pops into your head that its Y and you go "ohhh f@#$ thats what it was, it was my fault, woops". Cause thats what my money is on here, just an unclear mistake. Its nobodies "fault" per say, fault is too harsh a word for this. Its just some sh#$ that happened on an old game.

Somebody said theres a skeleton crew of gm's working tlp's, but what exactly are they doing all day? Do tickets really roll in so often that theyre busy all the time? I honestly don't know what else they do? That hands off policy should be removed for important turn-ins though, that seems like something they did back in the day when the game was heavily populated, especially if they can see the turn-in and the players inventory afterwards. Take 10min to fix it so people don't have to redo a bunch of work.
  10. Tintaglia Elder

It's not just epic quests that can get bugged and eat your items. I had to do the Jboots hand ins three times, before I got them. So Hasten ate two rings, plus the plat twice, before accepting it all - handed in the exact same way - and giving me the boots. Instead of berating this guy, you should be congratulating him for not giving up, and getting it done in spite of it bugging out on him.

EDIT: Oh yeah he also ate the rapiers both times, too.
    Stymie likes this.
  11. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

I agree that quests that take this much time and effort should be something you can get assistance with should things go awry.
  12. kaydo New Member

Same thing just happened to me tonight. Got back the Words of Mastery. I did turn in all 3.
  13. Magician9001 Augur

CS is lazy and incompetent.
    The person you're a responding is a dev.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

How's that Dale Carnegie certification coming?
  15. Corydon Augur

Those screenshots don't proof anythimg. I guess they were done on the 2nd turn-in. Show us screenshots of what Rykas was saying on 1st turn-in.