Mage epic turn-in gone wrong

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scimitar, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Scimitar New Member

I have all items to get my epic today, however upon turning in Words of Magi`kot, the Power of the Elements, and the Words of Mastery to receive the Power of the Orb from Rykas he refused the items only returning Words of Mastery to me.

I have petitioned with screenshots of the NPC refusal, the items, the logs of previous turn-ins proving I had them. Nobody was in zone, I was alone for the turn-in, what does Daybreak say after a detailed petition ?

I wanted to touch base with you about your help request. Unfortunately, CS is unable to provide assistance with progression quests. We will be unable to spawn any NPCs, or return any items lost during NPC trades. We recommend restarting the quest and completing the steps again, as we currently have a hands-off policy. In spite of the situation, I hope this finds you well, and that it won't make you shy about petitioning us again if you run into any other in-game issues in the future.

Quite devastated on this support return. I get they are a skeleton crew, but epic quests should be a supported matter. Unacceptable really.
    Stymie and Fallfyres like this.
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Did you forget to also give him Words of Magi`kot
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't feel singled out and no reason to think this is unacceptable. And nothing to do with a skeletal crew.

This has been the response for mis turn ins or missteps in quests for years. Even just lowly quests, I was told to restart or ask fellow adventurers. And they were right 99% of the time.

Like Ravanta posted you left out an item and they are not going to re do it for you to get it right.

Power of the Orb

Return to Rykas in Lake Rathetear, and give him Words of Magi`kot, Power of the Elements, and Words of Mastery.

On the other hand so many of us have had an oh shoot moment that we understand the frustration of doing that.
  4. Scimitar New Member

Well my case was not an "oh shoot" one, the very fact that this might occur frequently does not give them a pass to ignore the evidence I gave them by way of ample proof it was not and that I gave the correct items (3).

Anyway, I did redo the pages and power of xxx parts, and got my epic today. The relative easiness of the first two parts may have contributed to the swift closure of the ticket. But still poor display of customer service, I am 100% sure I did everything right and was able to back that up.

**I see my original description did not state the third item, but that was just a copy an paste error. The ticket to DBG stated the three items backup up with screenshots.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

So you took screenshots of yourself putting the 3 correct items in the trade window, just in case something went wrong and you'd then be able to report that to customer service? May we see them? :)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Starting to feel like an gone wrong, in either case grats on your epic!
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you were able to redo your epic this quickly and did it with no problems it sounds like you did something wrong on your first attempt. It also sounds like it was a quickly solved problem based on the timing from your first post to your second post.
  8. Scimitar New Member

Maybe you want to gather up some more factual info before claiming that the speed of repeating certain epic parts is somehow proof of me doing something wrong??!

Where is the logic in that, and since when are epic turn-in gone wrong a new thing in EverQuest? But thanks fellow players for the confidence. As if I am going to take the time to go post here because I supposedly made a mistake, guilty until proven otherwise it seems. So yeah, cheer on that level of support if you like that, let's discuss again when it happens to you.

As I said, I turned in Words of Magi`kot, the Power of the Elements, and the Words of Mastery to Rykas in Lake Rathetear. He declined the items and only returned Words of Mastery back.

So I had to redo Words of Magi`kot and the Power of the Elements, which are not that hard to repeat. But that is besides the point, I had all the items to complete my epic, the game malfunctioned and it's a serious kick in the gut having to restart two turn-in parts when one smelled his epic just 30 min of turn-ins later!
    Stymie likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You made a post on Saturday at 11:45 complaining about the petition and followed that up about 7 hours later with a post saying you redid parts and completed your epic. To me that sounds like you where able to redo the parts pretty quickly and get your epic. As for the second part considering that there has been no patch or changes to the epic from the time you first tried to the time you completed it makes it sound like you did something different the second time around which let you get your epic.

What explanation do you have for a turn in not working and a while later it working with no changes to the quest npc in the time between turn ins?
  10. Scimitar New Member

Yes I did, because I have been playing this game since back in the day and on most TLP's and I know from either first hand experience or fellow guildies, turn-ins do go wrong sometimes, so I screenshot everything.

And even aside from providing screenshots of the turn-in, Words of Magi`kot and Power of the Elements were swallow by Rykas as I did not have the two items anymore. Aside from all other evidence this proves that I did not do a two item trade-in and forgot for example Words of Magi`kot, that in itself is easy proof for a GM that can see all action or delete action in case someone else here claims I destroyed it for kicks and giggles.

You may certainly see the proof:

https://i.postimg.cc/ncMhfZKw/screen1.gif
    https://i.postimg.cc/C1LVCHm6/screen2.gif
    https://i.postimg.cc/8zR8qnY0/screen3.gif
  11. Scimitar New Member

Yes, any mage knows "Words of Magi`kot" and "the Power of the Elements" are the easier parts either farming it yourself or buying parts of the player market.

But again, some posts higher up I even said so myself that I hope the relative easiness of redoing those parts may have attributed for the GM at hand to go "hmm no time for this, dude redo it". And for them to really intervene when this happens when turning in the raid level turn-ins.

I would have hoped most here if not all have the ability to relate the blow one get's when this happens and the position one is taking in when evaluating customer service, them having closed my ticket with a generic message. Let alone imagine continuing with the turn-ins of some pretty hard to obtain raid items.

How do you know what may have happened or not happened at the server backend this weekend? You seem to draw a lot of conclusions based out of thin air claiming this and that without any substantial proof, in contrast with what I have given.

And who knows, there are some many potential reasons why a turn-in or interaction with an NPC can go wrong. Maybe the GM did a reset of the NPC after my ticket or maybe other less vocal Mages here that perhaps had the same thing. I only know that I am convinced I did everything right and I have proof to back it. I am frankly a bit amazed by the opposition I get here by some, as if turn-ins gone wrong is first thing ever in EQ.

You really claiming between the lines that the game is neigh perfect and nothing out of the ordinary or absurd happens, therefore a player is responsible until proven otherwise here? How about playing Planes of Power and fixing your flags with the seer and librarian and doing all sorts of hoops to get it sorted, you going to claim there too it's all fake news and player error cause there were no patches?

The game has broken mechanics or fails from time to time, and I am not complaining that fact from a 20y old game, I am complaining on the approach customer service took.
  12. Bullsnooze Augur

No disrespect, but people would be foolish to take your word at face value.

Who are you (or anyone for that matter), to make claims without any evidence? Your original post did claim screenshots, someone asked to verify, and it took you 4 days to provide in order to dismiss suspicion.

If you wanted less opposition, you should have provided the screenshots in your original post.
    Stymie likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Please explain how you handed in the exact same items twice and got different results both time with no changes to the npc that you turned in the quest to?
  14. bardybard Augur

It's possible, especially if someone had done a partial turn in before have. Think about how multi questing works.
    In that case though, he should have received his quest reward and kept one of the turn in pieces.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If he had received his epic I would agree but he didn't which makes me wonder what went wrong. Considering he got the epic not much later it makes me think something was missing to complete the quest before.
  16. Scimitar New Member

You keep on asking me to explain things I don't have power over. Who knows what happened in those hours between my first and second attempt. I do know that a successful attempt does not remove the possibility of one going wrong. It's not always that simple with these things, was it an (temp) issue server side, was it lag, was it client based, etc. And maybe someone else complained too and they reset the NPC between my first and second attempt, like I said who knows.

Well that makes us both wondering, as I said many times over I did turn in the correct items to Rykus the first time. And to what the other guy said, maybe it was naïve for me to expect people to take what I say at face value, but I'm not one to seek entertainment with false statements or downplaying stuff unwilling to admit I made an error. The proof was posted were it needed to be, the DBG ticket and they told me to buzz off.

Maybe what Bardybard said makes most sense, maybe some partial turn in before messing up mine. When I gave him Words of Magi`kot, the Power of the Elements, and the Words of Mastery he returned only Words of Mastery and Torn Page of Mastery Earth. In my ticket I had both proof of owning Words of Mastery and also a log screenshot showing the NPC (Akksstaff in Najena) response giving me Words of Mastery.

That action takes Torn Page of Mastery Earth among others as turn-in. So it's neigh impossible (it's lore) even from a logical standpoint that I had Torn Page of Mastery Earth and that I was the one handing that in to Rykas. So that an alternative proof other than my screenshot that my turn-in got messed up not by my doing.
  17. Captain Video Augur

They didn't tell you to "buzz off", they gave you a standard citation of the "hands-off" policy CS has on failed turn-in issues, which has been in place for several years now. CS doesn't have the staffing resources to deal with the overwhelming volume of tickets they would get if the policy was anything else, never mind the fact that most such cases are either player error or player dishonesty. I'm not saying either of those applies to you. BUT, by your own admission, you got it done in a relatively short amount of time. Imagine the frustration of another player who has to re-do several days worth of intermediate steps to get back the one turn-in piece that was mysteriously lost.

Sometimes it's just bugged. IMHO, lag can definitely be a factor, which translates into bad luck for the player, and which cannot consistently be reproduced. It's an aspect of how the game works that all of us have to accept, for better or worse.
  18. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Idk why people are giving you such a hard time. The game is buggy in so many ways, and although not on an epic quest, I have had similar experiences with some other turn ins. Sorry that the GMs don't really do anything useful anymore, but its a pretty small crew now.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Because they are %$#!sticks that hate themselves.
  20. Ishbu Augur

I knew what this thread was going to be about before I even read it. Lots of people screw up the quest the same way. This is 100% user error. Sometimes just have some shame and dont go post for the world to know you made a mistake, instead just learn from it going forward.