Mage EM items

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Ashkarr48, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Ashkarr48 New Member

Hi
    Can anyone advise what the best/highest mage EM earring available is currently? Outside of raiding?
  2. Sancus Augur

Riou likes this.
  3. Ashkarr48 New Member

thanks for the fast response :)
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I know you said no raiding, but:
    EM 24 comes from queen raid in EoK. It would not take a significant raid.
    EM 25 comes from overthere cactiki raid in RoS. It would also not take a significant raid.

Both those options would require at least what I'd call small raiding though.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I remember both raids were significant dps-checks back in the day, are they really one-groupable now?
    and can you request them without doing other raids first that are not one-groupable ?

If we change the question into: What is the best EM-ring, one well-balanced group can get without outside help(and without paying a ridiculous amounts of Kronos)? The Cactikii-raid can be requested without any previous raidflags(I think), not sure about EoK-Queen?

Would Akkapan from TBM(stem the tide: EM 23), be possible to progress to, and beat, for a single group? if EoK and RoS is out of the question?

Not a mage, just curious! :)
  6. Monkman Augur

T2 Chardok Raids don’t require flags anymore, MS has been running off night achievement runs to finish Nathsar Diamonds on the alts... 3-4 groups can burn queen down in under 60s.

However you still have to do Prince in order to get to Queen, not that it’s hard it’s just another raid you have to do.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Unsure. We've only done them with inconsistent forces so deciding which one is harder is a toss up.
    I'd say queen is easier if you bring the dps. Humanoid. Rangers/Rogues/Zerkers destroy both events.
  8. Bederper Journeyman

Old chase items like Golden Sage’s earring (EM24) or Summoner’s Descending Moon Earring (EM25) aren’t particularly rare or expensive either. Definitely look out for either in auction. Else picking up a pair raid diamonds is the next easiest path.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Not everyone has millions of plat, and im honestly not sure if RoS-raid-diamonds can be one-grouped...

I can "almost" imagine at least prince being one group-able with the right group. enough tanks to handle alchemists and main-tanking prince, some dps/healers and someone to handle torches...it will be tight though.

Queen: You need a charmer for puppets and enough tanks for captains+adds+queen, healers and enough dps. I don't see a single group doing that tbh...:confused:

I still think TBM PoHealth raid #1: akkapan, is the best EM-item you can get with a single group....you will need an expert "kiter" though.
  10. GoneFission Augur

Aside from the EM22 earring from Velious drops, there’s an EM21 earring as chest loot from The Darkness Howls in GMM. Depending on your ease of getting the Velious drops, the GMM may be easier. You would have to parse very closely to tell the 21 from the 22, I think.
  11. Szilent Augur

gotta be easier to scoop a brick from a ToV mission chest, ya?
  12. GoneFission Augur

If they are knocking out TOV missions, sure.