Fixed Mage: Elemental Conversion

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by birdsong_pawn, Nov 20, 2019.

1. birdsong_pawn Augur

The new version of the mage AA Elemental Conversion is only returning a fraction of the mana that it should.

The problem is that the damage done to the pet is mitigated, and 33% of the reduced damage is returned.

The exact numbers probably depend on current pet buffs and other factors, but here is an example. The AA should damage the pet for 60k health and return 20k mana. When I cast it, the mitigated damage is 24k, and the returned mana is 8k.
    NyteShayd, Allayna, Redsumm and 37 others like this.
  2. Briano Journeyman

I have also noticed that if your pet has a rune up, say like Prism Skin from the Iceflame line you get no mana in return.
    NyteShayd and Allayna like this.
  3. Killersong New Member

I have not paid attention but if pet has rune on it then do you get 0 Mana?

Archi
    NyteShayd likes this.
  4. birdsong_pawn Augur

Yes, and that is the most annoying part of this problem. You have to check your pet's buffs before casting Elemental Conversion, or risk getting zero mana back.
    NyteShayd likes this.
  5. Leex Pewpewer

Edit: Never mind..Prism skin ftl..
    NyteShayd likes this.
  6. Llayenie New Member

It was also said in the patch notes where this change occured, that it was to make the ability return 33% of the damage done to pet as mana, which the old rank did (60k damage, 20k mana) - yet the new rank does 100k damage and returns 25k mana (when it works).

"Magician - All ranks of Elemental Conversion have been changed to return 33% of the damage dealt to your summoned pet as mana rather than returning mana as a separate spell effect. The health/mana values for each rank are unchanged"
    NyteShayd likes this.
  7. birdsong_pawn Augur

This is still broken as of the Feb. 14th patch.
    NyteShayd and Duder like this.
  8. yakfoo New Member

This ever get looked at? seems like it been going on for some time now.
    NyteShayd likes this.
  9. JeffHanson Augur

Most of the bugs reported on this forum are never fixed.
  10. Iuwene Augur

Still broken, even on max AA for this ability.
    I wondered why I got absolutely nothing back and pet did not take any damage. Then I found this thread and now I know.
    It is said that they were not able to fix this for 2 years.
    NyteShayd and Zipe like this.
  11. Sancus Augur

Is there any update on this? SPA 527 was added specifically to fix this ability a year ago, it just needs to get added to the spell.
    NyteShayd, Redsumm, Kendeth and 3 others like this.
  12. Ganzito Developer

This is currently fixed on beta. However, it did not make it into the October update and will instead reach Live in November.
    Sancus and menown like this.
  13. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Will this also work when pet has prism skin or other abilities up that absorb damage? The pet procs these, and we proc these via our earth aura, as well as others in raid casting runes and such. Currently, when these effects absorb the damage, we don't get the mana return.
  14. Ganzito Developer

In theory, the new SPA should ignore all forms of damage mitigation, which means defensive procs shouldn't react to it at all.

However, if we missed something please let us know. There are... many use cases to test, and we may not have hit them all.
    Mossaa, Stymie, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  15. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Sounds great, thank you!
  16. Meeko Developer(Code)

This was fixed with today's update.