Mage DPS at 105 in EoK

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Crabbus, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Crabbus New Member

Here's my current spell line-up:

Remorseless Servant Rk.II
    Storm of Many Rk. II
    Chaotic Fire Rk. II
    Spear of Molten Shieldstone
    Force of Elements
    Melee

I have Arcane Distillect Rk. II at all times.

I don't pop any AAs regularly except Furious and Fortify pet AAs in case I get an add.

Tier 1 EoK mobs take about 30-40% of my mana - I go OOM after 3-4 mobs.

1. Does the pet aura affect swarm pets?
    2. Are rain spells still viable in EoK content?
    3. Are these more mana-intensive or less DPS?
    4. For better use of AAs, which should I be focusing for faster killing? Spell damage lines (critical %, critical damage, etc.) or pet lines? (Companion's Fury, etc.)
    5. What should my stats look like at the EoK tier 1 level to be effectively grinding in the sense that:
    a. I am killing at a good pace for my class
    b. I am not running OOM after 3 or 4 mobs

Things I plan to do once the server comes up:
    Start using Firebound Orb Rk. II
  2. Brohg Augur

Yes
    yes
    no and no - unless you have burn AAs on
    nukes
    stats are pretty irrelevant. all about using tools. - but

Your Storm nuke is likely to be pretty low damage if you're not partnered with other pet casters and not running AAs (specifically Host of Elements). You should only cast it to refresh the pet boost.

If you're not running burn AAs a ton, and are short AAs in general so no full on Conjurer's Synergy to combo it with your Servant, the Spear is not an efficient or particularly hard-hitting way to deal damage.

Servant
    Chaotic
    Rain
    Rain
    with the social to Force & Orb

Make use of every mana tool.
    AA modrod,
    the yellow spell modrod (doesn't share timer),
    the pet symbiosis,
    elem form:water,
    guardian self-buff,
    mana return procs on your 1h & its aug (Murderer's Heart if you can't get Heart of Narikor),
    mana return proc on your shield (i.e. get Tome of Obulus)
    either Gather between battles (presuming Chaotic refreshes it) or Suspend Minion so you can Reclaim Energy some Monster Summonings
    Crabbus, IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  3. Mirriee New Member

Exactly what Brohg said.

Also, if you don't multibind, look it up, and do it.

At the end of your nukes in the multibind, add Gather, Thaumatize, and then Symbiosis. Chaotic will reset Gather and Thaumatize most every mob, so you can use them constantly. Just continue hitting your multibind key after the mob is dead, and you'll auto cast them, without having to think about it.

Get the mana pres augs (specialize) for conjuration (swarm pet/magic rain) and evocation (fire nukes). They will each save you about 2.5% mana per each spell type cast (= 10k or more, per mana bar depending on mana regen). FAR more than any puny 400-500 mana/int aug. Can't remember names of augs off hand, but one drops from named in tainted EK HAs ONLY, and other drops from named in Bixie HAs only, I believe.

Rains become much less effective when meleeing, unless can find a sweet spot to hit the mob, but be out of rain range... It's probably better to use RS > chaotic > rain > rain and not melee, than to suck up the additional hit from each rain cast (if you're in range, rain will hit a single mob twice, and you twice -- if you're out of range, it will hit a single mob 3 times).

For best effectiveness, kill 2 mobs at once. Rains will hit each mob twice, creating best damage per cast.

Get to 106 and get conflagrant gear, it's amazing stuff. With conflagrant gear and decent AA, using your mana regen stuff as soon as it pops, and using RS > chaotic > rain > rain, you should never run out of mana unless in a super fast pulling group.
  4. Sprocket New Member

Make a bard box and win... Pulls, aurars, mana feeds. Win.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

And sit on your mount.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Is it really that much for spec aug? I better get them, then :)
  7. Cicelee Augur

I have not used the Specialization augments since the end of COTF and never had mana issues.

ROS expansion starts and I found myself running out of mana a lot solo/group/raid. Had to use mod rods and such on raids.

About three months ago I put back in the Spec Evoc augment. Since then the only time I go OOM is on death. I literally have zero mana issues at all. I attribute this to the one augment...
    fransisco and IblisTheMage like this.
  8. fransisco Augur

Like Cicelee said, the spec augs are great (Especially solo or small group). But they are a pain and a half to get. each......