Macro help

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bytor, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Bytor New Member

Hi All,

Returning after a 9-10 yr break! I have a macro that does not appear to be working correctly and was hoping to get some help. All of the research that i have done points me in the direction that i am doing it right, but in game it fails. I duo with a friend who is playing a cleric, i play a shadow knight. He is trying to target me, cast celestial heal, then assist me with melee. Any help appreciated. Here goes:

/target SK
    /pause 50, /cast 6
    /assist SK

The timing may be off, but is listed just to show that i do have a pause in place. What is happening in game is that he is able to target me, then cast his spell, but when it comes to the assist part it shows up as me as the main target and the mob in the targets target window.

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Bytor
  2. AB-Muvien Elder

Your macro is setup correctly. Only thing that could be a factor is the pause time. Try increasing it til it works.

Also consider setting yourself as MA and then using /assist MAIN instead. That way the key will also work in other groups.
  3. svann Augur

That should work like that.
    But since you are already targetting the SK you could just use /assist without the name. What AB said is also very good. Thats the way most do it, just so long as you remember to set the main assist role when you start. You probably dont need the /pause at all but if you do then just 5 is sufficient.
  4. SomeEQGuy Elder

If you do a cast and pause on the same line, I thought the pause comes last even though the game does it first.

You could try putting them on separate lines.
  5. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

Make sure /assist on/off is on
  6. Bytor New Member

Thanks all,

Will test it out again today, and will try to do the assist main as mentioned above.

Bytor
  7. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

About my above post, it may be /attack on/off i havent logged in. But maybe thats it
  8. Mintalie Augur

You need a pause before you start casting because of server lag:

/pause 3, /target SK
    /pause 3, /target SK
    /pause 50, /cast 6
    /assist SK

It wouldn't hurt to throw an extra assist in there also, i.e.:

/pause 3, /target SK
    /pause 3, /target SK
    /pause 50, /cast 6
    /pause 3, /assist SK
    /assist SK
    moogs, Borek-VS, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  9. Warlord1999 Journeyman

Isnt there some legal "as long as a human is at the keyboard" program that allows a person, from their Main character's window, to have a hotkey bar that are actually for other toos being boxed so that u dont have to tab to another window? if yes, and its "legal," please send link
  10. Gundolin Augur

I'm not sure but I don't think that the /assist will work while you are locked on the target you are healing. I think you have to finish casting before /assist to change targets. The way the macro is written your assist SK would try and go off while the celestial Healing is still casting, but fail due to the fact that you are in the middle of casting.

With Celestial haling being a heal over time spell I'd think you'd be able to start that cast almost immediately. Something more like;

/target SK
    /CAST 6
    /Pause 50 (4 x 10 +10? I think is the correct formula if the /assist is still not working add a couple counts to the pause))
    /assist SK

Celestial Healing doesn't have a massive aggro that I remember so I don't think you need the pause before you start casting, and as its a heal over time it shouldn't be an issue to cast it early in the fight.
  11. Viper1 Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]

I know that's not much help, but Google search "boxing program for eq" and you should find out all about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], it's not really a secret
  12. Bytor New Member

Hi All,

Got it...it was a timing issue. He increased the /pause command a little and it worked like a charm. He then had to adjust it again when he leveled up and got a new spell that took slightly longer to cast.

So thanks again all!

Bytor
    AB-Muvien and Mintalie like this.
  13. Bytor New Member

The reason the pause is on the line its in is because of the way the code works. Even though it is listed before you cast, it is actually a pause after the cast. That allows for the spell to finish casing before you try to /assist and this was the reason he wasnt able to assist properly, the timing was off. We increased the /pause amount, that allowed the spell to finsih casting and then move to the next command properly.

Bytor
  14. Gundolin Augur

Great, I should have assumed that if everyone else said it should work in that order then it was ok. Glad its working for your friend now. :)
  15. Foxxbott Lorekeeper

Bytor.. as in Bytor Snowdog the Druid from Mithaniel Marr?! PLEASE SAY YES!!!!