Macro for loading saved xtargets?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by thefion, Mar 20, 2013.

1. thefion New Member

Is there a command so i could macro loading a saved extended target set? say maybe could use for druid to.
    /load xtarget set (group players)
    /xtarg 1
    /cast (heal)
    /load xtarget set (main tank 4 auto)

figured would be easier and more flexable than retyping group members names into individual macros for heals, and may possibly open up other options for set ups.

Thnks
  2. Lighteningrod Augur

Theoretically, /help xtarget will get you the syntax for saving xtarget templates. I never could get them to save or load properly and finally gave up on it.

See this thread.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm sad that my raidset clears it self when I logout -- spellsets don't clear, why would my extended target set clear?
    minimind likes this.
  4. iwin New Member

I also gave up on loading a saved xtarget set .. however i was able to do the exact same thing as what my xtarget set is via macro

/xtarget set <slot> <role>

role being the 1st characters of the words in the menus ...TT = targets target .. RA1T = raid assist 1 target ect ect ect, (puller i was unable to figure out, p = pet, PT = pet target ----PU errored)

/pause 4, /xtarget set 1 TT
    /pause 4, /xtarget set 2 GT

ect ect ect til you fill out 5.

i used that in conjunction with

/grouprole

1 - 4 = the menu top down 1 = Main tank

/grouprole set (character name) 1

you can set the same character to multiple roles just do it again using a new rol .. same role removes role

my macro looks like this

/pause 4, /xtarget set 1 TT
    /pause 4, /xtarget set 2 GT
    /pause 4, /grouprole set (character name) 1

hope this helps ...its not really a "load" of the saved file but it can 1 key the same effects
    Korwiin likes this.
  5. Caell Augur

Hate to necro, but wanted to add in case someone else stumbles upon this thread like I did.

Set Group Puller:
    /xtar set 1 GP
    Set Group Puller's Target:
    /xtar set 2 GPT
  6. svann Augur

Would be nice if I could set it once and not have to set it again every time. Also, Id like it alot if there was a way to set the first slot to main assist target so if I was in group it would be the group assist target and if I was in raid it would be the raid assist target, just like how /assist main works either way.
  7. Kryshael Journeyman

Gonna necro this also. I play a box group and create a hotkey that does this:

/xtar set 1 "name1"
    /xtar set 2 "name2"
    /xtar set 3 "name3"
    /xtar set 4 "name4"
    /xtar set 5 "name5"

This sets all 5 of my chars in the xtarget window. Hope this helps.
    minimind and Fenthen like this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, to recap the orig issue: There are no command line options for saving/loading extar profiles. Have to use the UI to do that. Other option is to have a macro/macros which individually set the extar lines how you want.

As to "I'm sad that my raidset clears it self when I logout -- spellsets don't clear, why would my extended target set clear?" from @Fenthen:

You're probably logging to a different toon before you log out. I have 6 accounts, and use one account for offline Bazaar selling. That account needs the extar profile reloaded every time I log in. The other 5 are fine. Well, except for monthly patches and other assorted downtimes, LOL!
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm almost sad that I am still playing this dumb game 9 years after I posted that.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thankfully we can't see the posts we made 20+ years ago, since they've wiped and restarted the forums TWICE since then ;)
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

I wish it wouldn't clear NPC when zoning. Xtar healing mercs and pets is extremely aggravating.
    Metanis likes this.