Luxury Pet Gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duhbeast, Jan 27, 2017.

1. GoneFission Augur

I believe the pets will reject armor or items with a lower AC than they currently possess. Along with the dimensional warrior armor, I give pet a timesplitter throwing axe, a pair of blade of eternal tempering, and non-vis items arx mentis stud, combine soldier ring, forgotten relic necklace, and ancient ritual mask. I don’t do it for the dps, I do it for the tanking.

It makes a pretty valuable pet, even with a GM smith and jeweler for supply. I wouldn’t do it if I still raided because deaths are to be expected. Playing a group game, though, I only lose pets by my own mistake, or when my necro or mage gets killed. With the strength of the enchanter animation, I’ve been thinking of giving it the same treatment.

As for persistence, I’m fine losing the items on pet loss. Being able to take items back, or swap for a situational trade would be very nice though.
    Barton likes this.
  2. Yimin Augur

Yes pet always likes more AC ! I have spoke on this subject for years now, many of my older post go into much greater detail ! Also faster weapons will replace slower ones , I do forget now if the AC rule applies there ?

YiMin
    Mintalie likes this.
  3. Redemption Lorekeeper

does anyone know of pet usable weapons that proc dots? displacer blade is all i have found so far.
    Mintalie likes this.
  4. Mintalie Augur

Surely there are other pet-usable weapons with better procs than 2000 damage every 12 seconds?
  5. Yimin Augur

GoneFission likes this.
  6. GoneFission Augur

The hammer is primary-only. Be careful of the order in which you give the weapons. Otherwise a primary or secondary weapon goes to the primary slot and your pet keeps giving you back the hammer.
  7. Yimin Augur

Pet does not care it will take two hammers , if giving two different weapons then yes give this hammer 2nd ....

YiMin
  8. Redemption Lorekeeper

Yes tons of better weapons exist. i am looking specifically for something player made that proc's a DOT. The displacer blade is the only one i have found so far.
  9. menown Augur

I am curious as to why you want a DoT proc.
    Sancus and Mintalie like this.
  10. Redemption Lorekeeper

Flavor mostly. i box a necro on occasion and i like the idea of the pet having dots. It needs to be something playermade so i can provide it myself because i hate chasing down mages . i dont use the pet to tank its just a bit of dps so i dont worry about fully gearing it. and if i wanted as much dps as possible i would just outfit it in full conflagrant gear. but right now i just like the idea of dots. does anyone know of a pet usable weap other than displacer blades that has dot procs?
  11. moogs Augur

I may have missed it but it does not appear as though anyone has answered your question. The answer is one of each.

If we had a Pet Inventory Window, *cough* vote here https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1234 *cough* Daybreak why is this taking soooo freaking long *cough* then there would not be any confusion.
    Madmax1939, IblisTheMage and Yimin like this.
  12. Yimin Augur

OMG I have been waiting for twenty years for pet window , well whats a few more years :D

YiMin