Lucy item collector not working?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TheQxx, Mar 13, 2014.

1. TheQxx Augur

Not sure where to post this but this seems like as good a place as any since I'm sure plenty of us run it. This used to work without issue then, suddenly, it stopped. I had this problem about a year ago and it seemed to have started working out of nowhere again. Now, as you could have guessed, it is not working again. I have no idea why. This has been going on for a couple of months now. Does anyone else have an issue running Lucy item collector?

I should say, it runs/opens but it doesn't seem to pick up any items no matter what I do. I do notice that when I zone it gives the 'Client detected, resetting' message, or something like that, but that is about the extent of the activity.
  2. Yther Augur

Site Feedback is what / where you want to post. You probably won't get a response, but the people that work on it, do look at that forum. I haven't ran it for quite since they screwed up profiles collecting.

Yther Ore.
  3. Tobynn Augur

Just about every patch breaks the Item Collector. Give Rale a couple days, and the new version will be up and running. Obviously, patches on back to back days likely causes delays.

Same with Magelo's sniffer -- every patch breaks it.
  4. TheQxx Augur

I realize that, it's not due to the patch. It's not been working for months. I can't seem to figure out what is causing it to not collect or even scan properly.

5. Yther Augur

You have to restart it for it to patch if you haven't. Also, try uninstalling it from Control Panel then download a new one and install it. Think it now comes with a 64-bit pcap, but if it doesn't get one if you need one from http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm

But like Tobynn said, it may still be broke from the double patches.

Yther Ore.
  6. Tobynn Augur

I interpreted that to mean yet again it has stopped working, and that reoccurring bouts of 'stopped working' have been ongoing for months.

I did not read that as .... it hasn't worked whatsoever since last year.

Works fine for me. /shrug
    Yther likes this.
  7. TheQxx Augur

Just curious, what OS do you run it on? Win7? Would you mind sharing your Item Collector settings? There aren't many of them but if maybe one is 'off' that could pork the whole thing.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Mode: WinPcap
    Network Interface: as appropriate
    [ON] Start collecting when launched
    [OFF] Test server
    [OFF] Quiet mode
    [ON] Start minimized
    [ON] Profile Support
    [OFF] Sniff in promiscuous mode

Running WinPcap version 4.1.2 on Vista OS.
  9. TheQxx Augur

Does anyone successfully run Item Collector on Win7?
  10. genaro44 Lorekeeper

Yes!
    WinPcap 4.1.3 (I think this is downloaded from the site, not the included version?)
    Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Mode
    Run as Administrator

Promiscuous mode is on, but dunno if that even matters. The key thing I've noticed, is that the collector won't auto-update unless I run as admin / XP compatibility.
  11. TheQxx Augur

Ahh, that could be it, my man. I'll try when I get home. I tried run in XP SP3 Comp Mode but that didn't do it. Thanks.
  12. Yther Augur

Also, have installed a new AntiVirus app? Some don't like the self-installing nature of Lucy. I think the Free AntiVir wants to block it and you have to tell to exclude it from it's blocked programs. Seems I heard of another doing that too. Just in case, the Admin mode doesn't fix it. Only reason I hadn't suggested either, was because you said it used to work and I assumed everything else was the same.

Yther Ore.
  13. Nudia Augur

Just installed it to test. Default settings, runs fine on Win7 as long as I run it as administrator. The Pcap install failed the first run through, but went successfully when prompted to run with recommended settings.
    Yther likes this.
  14. TheQxx Augur

This worked. As Nudia said, perhaps just running as Admin does the trick but it i working now finally. Thanks!