Luclinite Fortified Drink - Exact Same as Older Versions

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zeelot, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Zeelot Elder

Is it intended that all of the versions (from TDS to NOS) of the fortified drinks give the exact same effect? They all just add 61 to the stat cap, meaning there is absolutely no reason to make the newest version. Shouldn't the newer versions be some sort of upgrade from the versions many expansions ago?
  2. Marton Augur

There was some discussion about this in beta and iirc this is intended.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

What was the rationale? The only reason I can think of making this is that the items drop where you're playing and there isn't a need to go back to older zones. It's not a great reason, but the only I can think of.
  4. Zeelot Elder

If it's intended, then it's pretty much a pointless item. We can just use overseer to easily get all the mats we need to create the Gorowyn version etc.
  5. Marton Augur

Yes, not having to go back to old zones for materials.
    Svann2 likes this.
  6. Zeelot Elder

That rationale would make sense if overseer didn't exist! I can get many more old materials quicker with overseer. It's totally not worth using the new mats for this potion. I just use them on the spectral focus potion, which is actually an upgrade from the previous.
  7. Marton Augur

I agree with you. That's how they explained potions being the same.

I too use new mats for the spectral focus potion.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

In that case there should be a recipe for distillate of celestial healing that doesnt require going back to old zones.
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

While, sure you would want that, the last 3 potions:

XIX, RoS, all storebought
    XX, ToV, all storebought
    XXI, ToL, storebought except it does have 1 forage

ToL broke the mold, but I'd consider forages a hell of a lot easier/faster than having to go back and farm drops a la Fortified Drink.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Truth. And that seems like the better option. Use overseer for this and save current mats for recipes that are upgrades.