Loyalty Tokens?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Winnowyl, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I have 3 gold accounts. Two of them are getting tokens just fine. The third I opened on July 4, 2020. Does it have to be open for a certain amount of time before it starts getting tokens? I thought even free accounts got some now? Am I misremembering? Because if so, there's no reason she shouldn't be getting them.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I checked Fanra's wiki and the section on Loyalty Tokens https://fanra.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_currency

From what I read it says you should gain them weekly but it says the velocity or amount you accumulate increases each month (maxing after 12 months for a gold account). So I suspect your loyalty velocity started at zero and it will take a month for it to increase to 10 then another 10 each month till after 12 months you will be at the max 120 per month.

Also not sure if the increment increases on the toons monthly anniversary or a set day each month.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You will not get the max amount right away on Gold or F2P.

When you start a new account it takes a year to get to full velocity. You will start earning partial that builds up as the weeks go on during that year.

So after the first week or two a new paid account will get about 30 tokens and it will go up from there for a year to the max of 120/week while free accounts get much less and they build up to the 30/week

If you have a F2P and lets say its over a year old so your earning the 30/week but then you go to Gold. Now it will not give you max for Gold velocity right away but will build again up from the 30/week that is was at up to the 120/week over the next year.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They are awarded every Sunday, however due to server instability or time zones it can sometime be the next day before you see them. The longest I have tracked was 2 weeks late when servers were not stable
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If you click on the Loyalty Tokens in the Alt Currency Tab, the first line in description should say Loyalty Velocity: xx%. Once you hit 100% velocity you will be getting the full amount per week, depending on what that percentage reads for that account will determine how much it's getting per week.
    Newb Tank likes this.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I love y'all, and thanks for trying to help. But that doesn't exactly answer the question. Brand new account. Created on July 4th. That's when it was opened. It was never free to play, except for the time it took between creation and getting my CC info entered. It says velocity of 0. I didn't realize how slow it ramped up, but it's been nearly a month, and still sitting at 0 velocity, 0 tokens. Is that how it's supposed to be, or no? My bard (created January 1, 2020, but on an account that WAS free to play) is at 100% velocity right now. Obviously my rogue is also at 100%, but this account has been gold forever. I'd like to at least get some tokens to put down the anchors and such. I'm NOT paying station cash for that, when I can get it for free..... eventually.
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

Let me distill everyone else’s feedback to make it easier to follow:

1) Loyalty is tied to your ACCOUNT not your character. So when your bard was created doesn’t matter, it’s ACCOUNT age that matters.

2) Yes it sounds like it’s working as intended. As others explained it is slow, you will only get a 1/12th bump towards max velocity each month *after* the anniversary of opening the account. So you will get 0 tokens until about August 4th. The first loyalty/token refresh after August 4th you should expect to start earning 10 tokens a week until about September 4th, then you will start earning 20 tokens a week, etc.

3) As explained the tokens are usually awarded around Sunday depending on time zone, sometimes they get delayed if the server is wonky.

4) You will cap at 30 a week as F2P or 120 as a subscriber.

In brief, it is working as intended, it is slow and you get 0 tokens until you hit the one month mark. Depending on what’s going on with the servers you should see your first 10 tokens around August 8th.

Again, it is SLOW and something that needs to accumulate up.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

9. Schadenfreude Augur

Based on various answers when this was asked previously.

Your velocity should increase [to 10?] when the account is one month old give or take a couple of days at which point you'll start to get a small amount of tokens. I've never seen a definitive answer whether your account creation date starts a hidden timer or some other method triggers the increase in velocity.
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

THAT sums up what I was asking. When the tokens would actually start to appear. Okay, so in a month (August 4th, roughly) she'll start getting some. Thanks guys - that's what I needed. Apparently, I can't brain today any better than I have for the last 2 days. Thank you for being patient with me!
  11. Newb Tank Not so Newb

I had no idea this existed. Ty for sharing that.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Appreciate the checking of my wiki, however the link you gave is to an ancient version, before the dark times, before the empire of fanra.info was created. It was a free wiki that I started that I soon realized was not good enough.

Please go https://everquest.fanra.info/ for all your Fanra's EverQuest Wiki needs from now on.

I think the article at https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Alternate_currency is better than the old one you linked. :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart and svann like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmm that must have been in my search already. Usually I just do Fanra Wiki then whatever topic I am looking for.

Okay check if I do fanry info then the topic it takes me to the current site. I will update the email I send to returning players with that too. Thanks!

Miss the old site but then I hate change... unless I am at work then I embrace change and love the challenge to improve and exceed current levels of efficiency.
    Fanra likes this.