Loyalty points - per week and paid subscriber bonus?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by tanstaafl99jr, Jan 12, 2017.

1. tanstaafl99jr New Member

1. I created this account as a free (Bronze) account in mid-December, and upgraded it to a paid (Gold) account a week later. That's three weeks as an All Access account and four weeks total. But my loyalty points and velocity are still sitting on zero.

Does it normally take this long for loyalty to start showing up, or do I have some sort of a glitch here?

2. According to the Loyalty tutorial on the PoK:

"...long term subscribers will gain an initial bonus of crowns..."
  2. tanstaafl99jr New Member

(The above posted while I was still typing...)

Does that 'initial bonus' just take a long time to show up, or is that something in the tutorial that was never implemented in the game?

Thanks!
  3. Raytan Augur

I'm not an expert on this, but my experience seems to be similar to what CatsPaws posted in this thread ...

http://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/loyalty-tokens.233834/

I don't see a raise in my Loyalty tokens once a week, but they seem to jump every few weeks. I seem to usually get a big bump following the monthly patch, but I don't check it daily so can not swear one thing has to do with the other. I do think you get your tokens, and the right amount, but I don't think it's weekly and not sure when it starts after you upgrade. There's a live patch coming up though, and may kick in after that.
  4. Visitor Augur

Each month your Velocity should rise by 10 per week, capping at 30 for bronze, 60 for silver and 120 for All Access. I do not recall, if you gain crowns immediately or have to wait for a month, but apparently you seem to be waiting the month.
    The Bonus for paid accounts is 500 Daybreak cash, click the Daybreak button and check the upper left corner to click and increase your DB cash by the 500. If you don't click to receive your DB cash each month, it poofs, at one time it would accumulate if people were away, but no longer
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. tanstaafl99jr New Member

To repeat:

"...long term subscribers will gain an initial bonus of crowns..."

I know about having to claim the monthly bonus of 500 DB cash; my next amount is due next Friday. I'm asking about the "initial bonus of crowns" mentioned in the PoK Loyalty tutorial.

Does it actually exist, or is it something that never made it into the game?

I was just going to wait another week or so before asking about the weekly allotment of loyalty points (crowns), but I saw that statement about an initial bonus for long term subscribers so I decided to ask now: I signed up for a one year Gold account, which is as long term as you can get.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You probably will not see much loyalty points for some time. A paid account will gain them at 120 AFTER they reach full VELOCITY. You start at 0 then as you maintain your subscription your velocity meter increases to the full potential of the 120. It takes a year. For example I had a free/silver account for a year that was finally earning 30 each week or so. I went pay/gold on that account in Aug/Sept? (time of the big sale on subscriptions). That account still has not reached the 120 week for gold. Even though it was already earning 30 as a year long free account, it did not jump to 120 when I went gold. Nothing has been found referencing the "initial bonus of crowns". Don't know if it never made it or if in EQ logic the bonus is the ability to earn the high amount of 120 a paid account can finally get at full velocity.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure why you are bringing on the long term subscriber quote? The account you are mentioning does not seem to be long term so not sure why you are asking about a long term bonus. Did you go all access with a yearly subscription? If you are monthly that is not a long term subscription whether it is renewable or not.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

"I was just going to wait another week or so before asking about the weekly allotment of loyalty points (crowns), but I saw that statement about an initial bonus for long term subscribers so I decided to ask now: I signed up for a one year Gold account, which is as long term as you can get."
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ahhh missed that.. .unless they meant long term when they started loyalty points up I guess they did away with it.
  10. tanstaafl99jr New Member

Basically, I'm just trying to find out if this is an error in the tutorial or if my new account is missing out on something I'm supposed to be getting.

Judging by the esponses here, I'd say nobody here has even heard of that bonus, so it probably isn't in the game.

I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for my Vicious Rabbit and bags f plat. :(
  11. Visitor Augur

I suspect that the bonus crowns reference may have been a one time bonus for players who were long time players when crowns were first introduced, but, that was long ago and i simply do not remember.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

OK here is the answer, sort of. Back in 2010 when loyalty points were introduced there was a bonus for being a subscribed player for a year or longer. Not sure how much since I cannot find mention of the exact amount. However at that time the amount of points earned was all messed up - it could range from 3 points to 160 points and was not calculating right for most players. It was a very confusing system since the bonus was calculated on how long your subscription was going continuously, 1 month, 3 months etc. There was also supposed to be a deduct bonus if your subscription lapsed. The bonus was also misunderstood to mean your character had to be logged into the game all the time. Probably where that started and why a lot of folks stay logged in now. This was also around the time LON pack monthly bonus was introduced. Both benefits were to reward and hopefully encourage players to subscribe for a longer time than one month. There was a ton of issues with the loyalty program and so it was revamped and the current one was made which was more standard for all players. This latter revision are the details now in most references, however no one ever took out that initial "bonus for long term players" that was eliminated from the first version when they cut and copied. So if someone wants to research more they can start here:
    http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/archive/index.php/f-38-p-44.html where it has the Dev Tracker referencing this.

To answer the question: There is no bonus crown for long time subscribers any longer.