Loyalty Merchant - OMM Brews?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hingabe, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Hingabe Augur

I honestly think this is something at least worth considering. Seeing as, almost everything from expansion currency to raw Platinum is already available for sale there. I don't think that putting OMM Brews on the loyalty merchant would be a "game breaker" at all. It's no more Overpowered than putting that EM4 earring (Orb of servitude) there. Even if the brews costs us a fairly hefty amount of points, with as few of people who are willing to do the missions, it would give us a method to obtain some of these items that you Devs have spent long hard hours on. Please, If this idea rubs you the wrong way, please let us know why.
    Thank You
    Xnao likes this.
  2. Hingabe Augur

Also, if the brews were to be added to the loyalty merchant's wares, it would still restrict players from obtaining items that are reserved for those who have received their raid tags. So this again, would assist in it not being OP. If players want those certain items, they would still need to complete the raids required, in order to even see the items in the OMM merchant.
  3. beryon Augur

TBH I don't see why the raid items need to be restricted anymore. Bazaar gear is better than that stuff now.
    Sinestra likes this.
  4. Hatsee Augur

It's the clicks really.

But I would definitely like to see this currency on the Loyalty vendor.
    Moklianne likes this.
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

The same reason you still want them in the first place. Because they are still desirable to some, due to clicks or procs. They still want at least a bit of the challenge there. I've never been one for dumbing down older content just because newer content is better. Couple reasons for this imo:

1. If you still want it, you should work for it, if you don't then it shouldn't concern you anyway.
    2. It may not be current for you but some people don't head right for top end content. Or maybe they can't at all due to time constraints, guild choice, f2p restrictions etc. There's even loose 'progression' guilds on generic servers with people who want a mix of modern and classic (old prog/expacs, newer UI/client features/ SC etc). Basically a progression server with more breathing room and less restraints. There's all sorts of play styles out there. As such this may be current to them. Why make it a handout?

However, I do agree brews on Loyalty wouldn't be such a big deal. You still have to win events to unlock the items anyway. And maybe make it a smaller number of brews per purchase to compensate...maybe...5 per 20 loyalty tokens? *shrug*
  6. doktartp Augur

They "slowed" the brews entering the world because it was a big deal when it was current, it is no longer a big deal, and tuning content starts to evolve around older items that are still desireable.

I wouldnt mind seeing them on teh vendor, and I have a few hundred brews currently invested in items.
  7. Xenariel New Member

Honestly, they need to remove the raid requirement, put brews on the Loyalty vendor and drop the ridiculous restrictions on these. No one does them, LESS THAN no one does the raids and it essentially shuts off an entire experience for everyone involved. As far as the raids, its just not going to happen. Guilds have better things to be doing than Brew raids and groups have better things to do than grind a mission for no xp, 1 brew and a chance at another. I understand they were exploitable, but the pendulum swung WAY too far the other direction and it killed the whole shebang.
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Sinestra Augur

I agree they should put them on the loyalty vendor AND remove the raid requirement. The only difficulty or challenge involved with the raid is convincing enough people to do it so you can get your flags. They purposely over did the nerfs for the missions so they need to just suck it up and release it.

They've never listened to us about this before though, nor have they ever been brave enough to comment on it so don't hold your breath.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

if they put brews on the npc - i could see more peeps wanting to due the raids to get flaged to buy the items.
  10. Sinestra Augur

Maybe. Or maybe not.
  11. beryon Augur

I agree with you to a certain extent. I'm not a big fan of handing things out in PoK. Thing is, I have the 7 raids done, I want to do the work for it, I just can't drum up interest in other people to come along. The only clicks left that aren't eclipsed by standard group gear are the circle clickies, which are equal to group gear, & the rez clicky. So somewhat desirable, but not 7 raids worth desirable. If they dropped or lowered the requirements, it would be much easier to get a pickup raid going to have some fun with it. They could make it 1 qualifying raid like they do for pure powersources. Multiply the brew drops by 5 or 10; people would get a cool clicky or 2, an aug or 2, & go back to their regular toons.
  12. Cloudia Augur

I dunno about nobody doing the raids, Beana talked a bunch of us into raiding vox a couple weeks ago on Povar after regular raid. was nearly a full house and a real zergfest. After dying and losing xp because of some stupid unavoidable mechanic it was sort of fun to just run in yelling and screming die respawn and do it over again with no death penalty
    I was waiting for Leroy to show up.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Add 6-packs of Brews on the Loyalty Vendor. Alternatively 24-cases
  14. Redex Journeyman

I would take a six pack or two!

I agree, add some brews to the loyalty vendor, adjust the cost as needed to control the flow of items (if that is even an issue anymore?)
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. Rainbowdash Augur

This is actually really cute. I support this.
  16. Abazzagorath Augur

No reason to not have it. I mean, they have phosphenes on the vendor which is for raid gear that requires flags to buy which is the same thing.
    Sinestra likes this.
  17. Eico Eico New Member

Personally, id rather see the brews tradeable. even tho ive been asking for this for quite a few years now :p
  18. Charqule New Member

I would prefer the loyalty merchant selling the Brews. It does not seem to me that the loyalty merchant has gotten any new items in a long while.
  19. shiftie Augur

Kinda hard to improve upon a rez token that allows monks, rogues, zerkers, mages, wizards, bards, beastlords, rangers, chanters, warriors, and shadowknights the ability to cast a game/raid changing spell.

They always seem to overshoot on item clicks and "fun" things. Adding more fluff items is great. For some reason they are not very successful at limiting the impact of what they consider "fun or fluff". Prime examples are thing like Kiss of Erollisi Marr (it took a long time to fix this thing via mudflation). Whenever they get fancy with an item click it usually ends poorly for game balance, which is why I believe they've gone to total hp/dmg on bp clicks instead of running into %age based problems or large modifiers like the anguish bps.

All that being said, they should add more housing items, group xp potions, faction potions and the like (non power increasing out of archetype abilities better than in the archetype classes).

In terms of brews. Adding them would be awesome. Removing the flags would not.
  20. Gannen Elder

removing the flags, maybe... or allow an alternate set of flags he looks at as well... like the list of the raids required to be able to open the power sources...

but the brews, yeah... if there was experience rewarded once more on old man mckenzie, then people might want to go back there, but they nerfed the exp per win to zero, the brews is one per group win (and a second if you trade in the chest reward)...

they can always put them on the nerf for VoA and House of thule on missions for exp... that you have to be in the zone within range of the last item to get rewarded...

but there's some nice augments, and some nice items (with clickies) on old man mckenzie