loyalty bags

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CRAZO, Jan 19, 2013.

1. CRAZO Journeyman

Hey could you guys maybe up the slots on loyalty bags. atm there 16 slots player made bags are 18 slots so they seem kinda outdated at 16 slots.
  2. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

I agree. I can tailor 18 slot bags with a few befoul drops and a planar shard very easily, 16 slots seems pretty obsolete for the asking price.
  3. Notinterested Augur

The asking price is ridiculous! How many 18 slot bags can you buy just getting the bags of platinum compared to that POS loyalty bag?

One other thing i would like addressed is this odd idea SOE has that bags are worth a fortune. For what they charge you would think there was a guy in the SC store making them all by hand :p $25 for a virtual bag is insanity and they try and get away with it by creating an illusion of rarity by only bringing them out for sale occasionally... Stop with the marketing games and shenanigans and put a realistic price on bags and leave them in the store. Only the really stupid people are blind to what you are pulling SOE...
  4. Takk Elder

They do seem a little expensive, but considering that they get a lot of use, and most people buy them for one main, they are a really nice investment.

I'd just vote on waiting for triple cash and half price bags. That happened pretty recently and made them mighty affordable if you don't want to pay asking price.

Edit: As an aside, I do think that the loyalty vendor could use some upgrades. Some of the items on there are timeless (faction resets for those that want them, char unlocks, etc), but 75-90% is pretty outdated and useless.
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Notinterested Augur

Go look at bag prices in EQ2 then come back and tell me how they "seem a little expensive" They are through the flipping roof.
  6. Takk Elder

I bought 1 Walmart game card and used it on a triple cash day. A short time later they had half price (or 2 for one) bags. I purchased all the bags I needed and I still have over half that small Walmart card's value left.

Didn't seem too bad to me.
  7. Notinterested Augur

Considering even with triple SC and half price/double bag promos you can at most get 4 of the biggest ones yeah thats pretty awful. $60 worth of SC gets you 4 bags and thats only when all the moons align properly. So for $15 you can get 4 of them at best twice a year.

Thats ridiculous logic. Its like saying somethings not overpriced because you can get good deals on black friday.
  8. Ronak Augur

A lot of the loyalty vendor items can use upgrading. They are quite dated. Bags are one of the top ones that need boosted. They need to be 20 slot at least. 22 would be better, then you'd still be able to sell 24's in the market, but add actually desirability to the loyalty bags.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. Retrievil Elder

They wont upgrade the player made or loyalty bags too much, because it would eat into the SC bag market.
  10. Jabobtha New Member

Aren't the best bags in EQ2 from dungeon maker (acquired through game play not sc) or now player made? Or did they add some that are more than 48 slot on the marketplace that I have missed?
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Jumping on the bandwagon. I would like the loyalty bags to at least equal the current player made bags. I would really like some 20 slot one though. I say 20 slots so we don't infringe on Pappa Smed's SC racket :p
  12. Geroblue Augur

That $25 probably helps their bottom line, or it wouldn't be that high.
  13. Ronak Augur

They'd make so much more money if they priced these things reasonably. And garner a lot more good will to boot. Imagine how many would sell if the price was $5 bucks a bag. I guarantee you the sales would go up astronomically more than the 500% needed for it to break even.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Notinterested Augur

Flawed reasoning is flawed. You have an item that costs absolutely nothing to sell. Its 100% profit. So why make the price so high? If they made it cheaper it would sell so much it would make them more money.

The problem is SOE is run by shortsighted bean counters that cant see past a quick cash grab. It sounds harsh but all these years watching SOE has made that abundantly clear. Its a shame because there is a lot of good talent floating around at SOE and these bean counters calling the shots ruin it for everyone.
    Ronak and Geroblue like this.
  15. Tegila Augur

the problem is with loyalty bags, not sc bags (thought hey should be for sale all the time jsut not ON sale..besdies the point)

when loyalty bags were introduced the best player made bags were 14 slots. bags of platinum were also like 1/4 the price in loyalty, you could get about 240k plat for the price of one 16slto bag, however it was the only bag you could reliably get that was BIGGER than tradeskilled and didnt cost real money. now, plat bags have quadrupled in price, thus now the cost of a 16slot loyalty bag is more like 60k, but tradeskilled ones have gone up to 18 and dropped scuffed bags have become more widespread, 16slot bags for 60k makes no sense except for the obsessive completionist that wants to collect all 12 designs for their banks, but its not like loyalty is replenishable wtih anythign but time. however i can make 12 18slot bags for myself for that same 60k and thats if i bought all the mats in baz rather than farmed them. at this point loyalty bags are just for silver accts taht cant buy plat bags (orcan they now? though yo ucan still get gold tickets and sell them) and for the OCD collectors and people that like corny weird bags, people that dont carea bout utility or cost and simply want it all or want the look
  16. Leerah Augur

<<< Obssessive person who wants them all to match. Can't do it with loyalty points because they won't let you save up enough.
  17. Siddar Augur

Have to scribe a book from shards landing to make final no fail combine on bags that changes them from being trade able into final no trade version that opens last six slots of the bag so silver accounts are out for them unless they want to buy RoF.

The fail rate is also terrible on those 18 slot bag combines before that final step. I doubt you could make Twelve for 60k more like five or six.

Loyalty points have sadly become kind of pointless except for buying power source currency if you have opened the raid power sources on merchant with Solt raid kills.

Hopefully they will make some new loyalty items soon.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

So are Gold accounts...
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

Devs try hard, and have my respect. The idiots who give the devs their orders, not so much...
  20. Siddar Augur

They can fall back to silver if there subscription expires but still have access to RoF zones because they bought RoF expansion.