Lowered costs on VoA raid vendor items?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Cicelee Augur

Now that Rain of Fear is being released today, and VoA raid gear will start to degrade as players level up to 100... any chance the vendor cost (especially for T4 items) can be lowered? The demand is going to be lowered significantly because players will want to "chase" after RoF raid items due to focus degradation, lesser h/m/e, etc. Not asking for a 200 fiat non-visible to be reduced by a significant amount, but maybe lowering it to 100-150 may still make VoA viable for some players. It also allows players to gear up in VoA quicker so that they may move onto RoF quicker.

Thanks for your consideration.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Likely not, as other vendors have not lowered their prices.. HoT for example is still 30 d'motes for stuff.
  3. Potawatomi Augur

Yea, going even further back, LDoN item prices were never reduced. For that matter, I'm not aware of any vendors that had their item costs reduced.
  4. Explicit Augur

He is asking specifically about raid vendor prices, a feature EQ has -never- had before VOA. Comparing the HoT group gear vendor to the T4 raid vendor is seriously flawed as they are nothing alike.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They had raid vendors for some items in The Buried Sea
  6. Xirtket Augur

I would agree the prices of the gear are a bit high, 200 bronze fiats for the lowest price, I could see around 100, maybe topping out at 150 for the highest priced item.
  7. Explicit Augur

Solteris was an entirely different ballpark, since the powersource curreny was looted via trash and the currency used to buy raid armor dropped in a set amount per event (enough to buy the piece of armor that that particular event unlocked).
    Along with that, the currency was not rewarded to the entire raid. So, while kind of similar...still very different.
  8. Sarayu Journeyman

I wouldn't expect they would be reduced. Most guilds raiding Sep will probably continue for a week or two until they can manage RoF raids. Those members who have like... 180 will get their 200 and buy something that will be immediately upgraded in RoF, possibly from group content, and those members at 30 will have extra currency lying around (like all of our other currencies that are extra).

Making trivial content's purchase price on gear lower doesn't change the fact that the content is still trivial. Buy something with your 200 Fiat, and it will get replaced in RoF pretty quickly, if Beta is any indication. Besides, if you're raiding VoA, you're probably 95, which means you can roll through NToV lol
  9. boukk_sebilis Augur

They were already priced low from the get go, no reason to lower them really.