Lower level content tank

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Galan, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Galan New Member

Hello EQ community! I am returning to play and will be making a tank to play with a group of friends. We will be running old world content. (Maybe up to Kunark) Can you all please give some advice on which grouping tank class would be beneficial for old world content? Thanks all and happy holidays.

P.S. Prayers to Newtown CT.
  2. Retro Elder

If you are using defiant gear it really isnt going to matter that much, I would still go with a knight. Paladins are nice, lower levels they have cease / desist (stuns up to lvl 55) and pacify with decent level caps. But I am a little biased =p.
  3. Time Burn Augur

Do you like to hold agro?
    Do you like self heals?
    Do you like snare?
    Do you like feign death?
    Go sk

Do you like healing others?
    Go sk

Do you like hitting the taunt button and hoping that the random number generator lets taunt work so you regain agro for 15 seconds?
    Go war
  4. Galan New Member

Thanks Time Burn and Retro. SK looks to be a good low level option.
  5. Time Burn Augur

Do you like healing others?
    Go sk (should say go Paladin), but you probably caught the drift...
  6. Retro Elder

lol, think time's second paragraph was for paladin, but yea if you dont group with a nec/rng/druid the snare is a little useful but with a full group.. meh. Healing will be done by whatever priest(s) you are grouped with and with ooc which you cant avoid these days on a live server mana doesn't give the same problems it used to. Stun mitigation is still most powerful thing in the game pretty much and the only thing it wont work on in old world are giants I think. gluck with the sk tho the real difference is sks get damage and paladins... not so much
  7. Galan New Member

Thank you both.
  8. fransisco Augur

for a fun challenge, tell your group NOT to use defiant. Its so crazy overpowered.
    Level 5 defiant is better than the old lvl 40 quest gear