Low base agility

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Valtam, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Valtam Journeyman

OK, time for another dumb question. I just looked over my base/heroic attributes and noticed that my base Str was 1249, Sta was 1203, Dex was 1240, but Agi was 880. My Hagi was 962 vs, hDex at 1068, but I have been aiming for higher Hdex since I'm a grouper. I'm a 110 lvl Paladin with all Conflagrant armor/jewelry/face/back/charm/range leaning toward AC/Hdex. Is it normal for tanks to have lower base Agi (almost 400 points) than Dex/Str/Sta, or am I doing something really, really wrong?
    My artisan's prize is about 55% towards maxing, and the values are with conflgrant 1H and shield.
    No fair making fun of the stats, I am a committed low achiever...
  2. Brohg Augur

you're buffed with Shm things, enc things. click off all your buffs, look again
  3. Valtam Journeyman

Thank you, that was it. I didn't notice the buffs I had.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Ever notice that Agility and therefore avoidance are the hardest melee stat to raise?
    • Shaman and enchanter (haste) have buffs to raise Agility to the cap
    • Not even shaman have cap raising buffs for Agility
    • There is a single line of Alchemy potions (Elixir of the Feline) that raises Agility cap
    • There are a few Tributes to raise the Agility cap
    • The Heroic Agility calculation is well-known bugged (biased by the low agility AC penalty), returning less avoidance AC then it should (say compared to hDex)
    • Shaman have buffs to improve avoidance SPA 172 (Preeminent Foresight) a little
    • All 3 tank classes have a 3rd Spire for SPA 172 as well, although not favored to use
    This is especially challenging for raid tanks where they cannot defend against raid NPC melee. No riposte, parry, block, shield block, or dodge. Funny that avoidance is the next most difficult thing to achieve in that score. The devs demand that receiving damage and healing are central to gameplay.