Love is in the air! Share your love story with us!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Amnerys Augur

Happy February, Gamers!

We here at SOE are getting ramped up for Valentine's Day, both in-game and around the office. One thing we've been discussing as this celebration of love approaches is the various types of love people share: love of family, love of friends, and of course, romantic love!

As Valentine's Day approaches, we want to hear from YOU! Over the years, we've heard numerous stories about players who've met in-game and fallen in love, players who have shared the game they love with their children and grandchildren, and players who have formed lifelong friendships with their guildies.

Do you have a romantic story to share about how your in-game and IRL loves collided? Send us an e-mail at communityevents@soe.sony.com and tell us your story! Be sure to include your character name (and the character name of the person you love!), your favorite SOE game where this story takes place, and details about what makes your love special. Also include a screenshot or photo or two!

A selection of the submitted stories may be chosen to be featured on a special Valentine's Day Hamster Talk Webcast and/or in an online feature article!

Please submit your stories and pictures no later than 5:00pm PST on Tuesday, February 12, 2013.
  2. Braveheart Augur

Back in the Kunark era, my Girlfriend (we lived together) befriended the GM of her guild. He was a druid and Powerleveled her. While I was at work they would spend hours together chatting and playing Everquest. Shortly afterwards we broke up--she insisted I did not have enough time for her and she needed more. I was working 80 hours a week. I later found out she moved to Florida and shacked up with the guy, whom later shacked up with someone else he met on EQ, leaving her in the process. Turn about is fair play.
    What is the moral of this story you ask? Never trust a Druid. For some time, I refused to trust the loyalty of a Druid. In fact, I had leveled every class there is in the game to 95 and now almost all are 100. The druid was the last character I leveled, last character I got his epic, and the last toon who would ever see any rotting loot. When the Druid class would getting a nerf, I would smile.
    I have come to forgive the Druids as I am happily married and have been. If not for that druid, I might have been in a crappy relationship with that unfaithful !@#$& and might not have ever met my wife.
  3. Shang Augur

In 20-xx (idk the date anymore)

There was this scarlet woman of a Cleric that applied to my guild.

She had "cyber relations" with several men in the guild.

She finally met "the one." He was a monk with tourettes (idk if he really did, I always assumed though) and he ghost killed her a full set of gear. It was true love.

They left my guild, and the details became fuzzy.

However, I was told later that she moved in with him, and literally took every penny he had to his name, then left him.

Love's in the air.
  4. Sinzz Augur

i loved a pally once...... she kept killing my pets!
  5. Sinzz Augur

begs to question was your wife a enchanter by chance?
  6. Mykaylla Augur

Not sure I can handle all this heart-melting romance in the thread to date.
    Utdaan likes this.
  7. cryus New Member

Wyle hunting in depths of blackborrow I met the prettiest little wood elf ranger,red hair green eyes and lips soft and inviting.i ask her to join me at the Wind spirit's song,we danced and sang (has anybody seen my corpse)but the best part was when we got a room at the Lions Mane inn a night to rember.we started to do everything together. But one day wyle hunting in the commonlands we met a druid,he wanted to join us,,being the friendly paladin that I am I welcomed him to join the ranger and i.what a mistake that was, everytime I came back from pulling I noticed they were extremely close to each other by evening it was over for the ranger and I she ran off with the druid and left me fending off a train,,O well we are still friends and meet every now and then at the Wind spirits song and I have no hard feelings toward the druid after all it beets hugging tree's
  8. Gnar Augur

I could care less about other peoples sappy love stories. Bah humbug. I just know I love my wife and will treat her right on Valentines Day. I do hope all of you do the same for your loved ones.
  9. Braveheart Augur