LOTD

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by took2summit11, Nov 1, 2018.

1. took2summit11 Augur

Just quick question. I remember making some newbs a couple years ago and I recall them having Lesson of the devoted from day 1. These were brand new accounts. For whatever reason I decided to make new accounts this time around and notice I do not have lesson of the devoted. Do I have to now wait 1 year before getting this? If so, is this a new change? Trying to figure out why my accounts a couple years ago had it right away.
  2. moogs Augur

I think your memory is playing tricks on you. It's a Year 1 /veteran reward, always has been. Can't use it until the account has been played (and probably paid) for 1 year.

/play
  3. took2summit11 Augur

No..I 100% had it from day 1 on those new accounts. However, I do believe I prepaid for 1 year upfront to save on the monthly costs in that instance. I am wondering if that is why I had the reward? At any rate, seems like I need to wait a good while before I get it this time around as I am not prepared to pay for 1 year up front this time around.
  4. Khat_Nip Augur

What does your 'Total time entitled...' show as when you type /p ?
  5. Qbert Augur

I recall reading about the pre-pay and cancel debacle a number of years back. Some folks would pre-pay for multiple years to get the associated veteran rewards, then cancel and retain the vet rewards. I'm sure it was more nuanced than that, but I never attempted to game the system, so that's as good of a summary as I can produce :p

Long story short; it used to be the case that you could pre-pay for veteran reward access, but it has not been the case for many years.
  6. Nostradamus New Member

When f2p was introduced, vet rewards were changed from time payed to time on the account.
    moogs likes this.
  7. Qbert Augur

Sure, though that has nothing to do with the pre-pay issue being discussed. That happened before that.
  8. CatsPaws Augur

From 2008 when they were introduced: "If you bought a year's subscription your account will be credited for that year."

So its more likely you did have the first years if you paid for a year up front. But they no longer do that and wiped that option when they went F2P so it evened the table since F2P weren't paying for accounts. So now ALL accounts just get them based on time played.

From March 2012:
    Q: What about veteran rewards?
    A: Veteran Rewards will accumulate regardless of your membership level as long as your account is eligible to play. So if you have an account, and it goes Silver, it will continue to accumulate Veteran Rewards. Similarly if you start up a new account after going free-to-play it will start accumulating Veteran Rewards.

There is a lot of misinformation about Vet rewards as almost every post/article references the paid version and not the free version.