Lost Notebook / Lost Gnomes missions - can't get them

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arayya, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Arayya New Member

I went to get the Lost Notebook mission with my 84 Ranger, 81 Bard, 75 Chanter.

Hailing the NPC in CC with both Ranger and Bard net nothing.. he wont respond at all.

These are both characters I've started and leveled in the past few months.

My Enchanter which I've played since 2000 and when I was gone for years, he was used within my guild DOES get the quest no problem.

Any idea why I cannot get this quest on the Ranger and Bard? Is it a faction or progression issue??

Assume the same problem will occur with the Lost Gnomes mission.

Please help!

Thanks
  2. Gladare Augur

It does require a certain amount of faction iirc. Check the quest on allakhazam. That info is there most likely.
  3. Zzuzza New Member

There is a prequest of sorts for a toon that has never done the mission before. Gotta loot a book from a certain mob in the next zone over iirc
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

There are pre-quests you must obtain to request those higher missions. Again, Allakhazam knows!
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Arayya New Member

Thanks. I found where the torn notebook drops, though since I'm 85 now I went for the Lost Gnomes mission. Was able to get it ok.. not to figure out how to get there!
  6. Gladare Augur

This may not be accurate because I'm going from memory. I haven't done lost gnomes in years. Once in the hive, run up the outside of the first obelisk (it's sloped = easy running). From there face the direction of the zone in and then make your run for the living bridges. The living bridges are to the left, you can almost hug the wall and reach them. Once on the living bridge, go to the 2nd spiral/hive thing. It's the middle one. At the entrance to the hive, run up the ramp to the right. I think it's the first tunnel on the right, maybe one level up. From there, it's a pretty straight shot to the instance. Go down that tunnel, and the door is to the right-ish in the corner of the room. Don't pause in webs because they'll cast a snare and break your invis.