Lost Main Chat/Combat box

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Drakulous, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Drakulous New Member

Hi there!

I started a new game with my fiancée last night and they lost their Main Chat/Combat box. We couldn't find any command to bring it back and also tried to log out and log in with Reset UI checked. We started a new character for them and they had the chat box just fine.

Also tried /load ui and nothing was happening.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

the way i would resolve this is to find & delete the ui file for that character from their computer.

So they first need to go to where they have placed EQ on their HDD/ SDD

In Windows 10 they can then search in the everquest folder for their character's name in the top right box which has a magnifying glass icon by it.

i.e. C:>Everquest

then I would search for my character's name

and you should then look for a file that starts with UI then an underscore, your character name then an underscore, and the name of the server they play on as shown in the format below:

UI_charactername_servername

They can then delete that file and when they next log in to the game EverQuest will load up that character with the default settings & layout of the UI, that should resolve their problem.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you sure that as a new player they didn't just accidentally minimize it and tuck it behind another window? If you minimize it then its very hard to see the little bar.

Once they get it back they may want to "lock" it in place by right clicking the window and choose lock. It will stay in that place on the screen, but if you minimize it the once again it may be hard to find.
  4. Drakulous New Member

Fantastic, I will have them try both of those things and see if it works! Thanks much.
  5. Drakulous New Member

Just to update, the deleting of the UI_charname_servername worked perfectly. Thanks again!
  6. Chanzan New Member

Recently returned to game. This may not be your issue, but was mine. Chat boxes kept disappearing. Right click on chat box (or any UI box you don't want to close) and make sure "close on escape" is not checked. Me hitting the escape key to close other windows would close the chat window on me.