Lost in server selection

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Darkshadow, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Darkshadow New Member

Hi all,
    I am beginning my journey back into EQ after a 10+ year break. Can anyone give me advice as to what server to start on? I bought a collectors edition of the expansion so I'd like to use the level 85 upgrade and therefore not one of the TLP servers. I plan on boxing 2 accounts. I just want to see all the content again on my way up through the levels.

Thanks in advance for any help. It's great to have that EQ feeling of excitement again! Can't wait for my first death by roaming Brownie.
  2. Foxxbott Lorekeeper

Welcome back!! Firiona Vie is still quite populated, and most of the gear isn't no-drop there so you may find some interest in that server. I play on Bertoxxulous, and the population there is decent as well. Not too sure about the other servers, perhaps someone else will chime in? :D
  3. Darkshadow New Member

Thanks Foxx! I was considering FV. Chose The Rathe for now but I may end up switching depending on if anyone has any more input.
  4. Zarakii Augur

If you choose FV the group game is pretty non-existent anymore unless you befriend a boxer (not sure how it is on other servers anymore was on bertox 6 years ago now)

If you yourself will be boxing any server is fine i know FV has its good and bad apples like everyone else but it is a lot easier to get back into the game here
  5. Syrup Augur

FV if you want to play on the server where nearly all loot is tradeable.
    Otherwise I guess it's a toss up...
    http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/
    That url is a site showing all the current raiding guilds broken down by server, and their kill dates on current endgame raids.
    Hope it helps.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Tunare is not bad, we've had a number of people who have been returning players. The server is pretty middle of the road population wise, and the community on Tunare is typically nice and helpful presuming that you are making an effort and not just asking for a handout.

Any server that you choose, you will want to immediately start working to get to know other players, even if you are boxing. Talk in general, /friend people whom you group with and like (then /who all friend regularly to see who is on and if they want to group again), and join a guild that fits your situation. EQ is like real life in this way; the more you network the better you will do. The old 3 rules to win in EQ are still true as well; know your class, know what others can do, and do not be an .

If you still have access to your original account or at least remember what server you played on, then you might consider just playing on that server (or whichever one it might have been merged into) because you might run into old friends (as either old vets or returnees like you).