Lost flags/currency/ loot do to zoning..

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Greymantle, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Greymantle Augur

Greetings , ran into a frustrating issue last night. Our guild beat the TOFS raid #2 'Till Death Do Us Part ' for the first time. What happened was when the boss was at 2% health i was killed. I went to bind with the intent of bannering back to assist. Had a moderatly long zone time. The boss was dead when i zoned into my bind point. Yay first win. Zoned into the GH & bannered back. Shortly after got a rez. No coin given when i entered the zone but that is somtime delayed in occasions like that so i did not think anything of it. Then the loot distribution started and i won a Diamondized Velium Ore Nugget . Went to loot it and got the message stating i was not allowed to loot that item.
    Further attempts had the same message. So i zoned out to the GH and bannered back to see if that reset it . Nope same message. Then i checked ,still no coins , then checked the achivments window. No Flag given for the event. Tried logging out and back in , tried dropping and re-adding to both the DZ and the raid. Waited until the chest unlocked at 15M and below.
    Nada. Then i sent in a petition, with the specifics and attached my log file of the event.
    Got a message back stating " unfortunately we are no longer assisting with ungranted raid items, currency or flags. You will need to repeat the raid in order to gain the currency and rewards that it grants. "

Said to file a bug report ,so here i am. Not overly worried about the loot, would be nice to get it but not the end of the world. THE flag on the other hand i would really like to have set.I am working the Rallos ZEK earing and am at the final stage that needs the flags.

As this is a game mechanic problem i was dissapointed the GM's were unwilling to assist.
    MiataDriver and Yinla like this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Must be present to win.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I remember being on dial up and getting killed during raids - then the long zone time only to finally get back and to lose out on flags and loots.

Even now on hs connection if I die before the mobs does then I do not get credit for the kill, bet it a hunter /ach, exp or whatever.

But at least they have upgraded the old message: feel free to reacquire the item through gameplay. I like the new one better: You will need to repeat the raid in order to gain the currency and rewards that it grants.:)
  4. Monkman Augur

Grats on win, but some advice... never ever release to bind if you are even remotely close to winning an event (5% or less). Assuming you’re bound in guild lobby, you’re looking at zoning at least 3 times (hover->GL->GGh->banner) before you would get back into the zone to assist with the kill. Had you just hovered and gotten a res you would have gotten counted for the kill. Hovering is basically the same as being in the zone.

This problem has been around forever and probably won’t be resolved anytime soon.
    Duder, Dythan and CatsPaws like this.
  5. Greymantle Augur

Well that's part of the issue. I did not get credit for the win. And have never had this issue before. Did have an longer than normal zone time from hover to bind though.Have also had raids where toons were added after the kill that got the credit and the coins and were able to loot. I was not!
  6. Dethtoons New Member

Just did a Griklor the restless mission completed it got credit and coinage for doing it no one died but no one could loot anything from the chest just kept getting same message over and over "You are not allowed to loot this item from this corpse" thankfully there was nothing we needed kept trying till chest poofed. I hope this will not be a normal occurrence and will be fixed soon.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Was the task dropped before anything was looted? This thread is for a different issue.
  8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com