LORE REQUEST - Fippy Darkpaw/Darkpaw Clan

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coachbrown, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Coachbrown New Member

So I've been streaming my "ALL NATURAL" ruleset playthrough on coirnav (Twitch.tv/coachbrown1 shameless plug) and one of our goals is to learn as much lore about each area we are adventuring in and our 1st location is qeynos and Fippy Darkpaw has been chosen as our first "wtf is this guy doing and why?" I figure we might as well extrapolate that out to the darkpaw clan. I'm wondering if anybody has a wealth of knowledge or sources they'd like to share to help me research and teach the lore of Norrath, thanks.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Not sure about the lore but he is my favorite npc of all time. He was my first rare kill and probably the only Kos npc I have rooted for to make it past the guards. He is relentless in his mission to bring down the humans for ruining his lands.
  3. CaptainSkeet Augur

Overview of Old Blackburrow

Nestled between Qeynos Hills and the peaks of Everfrost to the north, Blackburrow is the present day home of the Sabertooth Gnoll clan. The Sabertooths are known for the constant raids upon the city of Qeynos. The city of Qeynos and Surefall Glade continue to send out hunting parties to try to purge the threat.

Old Blackburrow is the main home of the Sabertooth clan of gnolls in Oceangreen. The Sabertooth clan has recently claimed this lair as their own, locking themselves away from human invaders and the dark plague that threatens Oceangreen.

Along the western mountain side lives what remains of the Darkpaw gnolls, who seem to be disinterested in the affairs of human kind, as they are completely focused on returning to their home in the mines of Blackburrow. Though they hold no anger towards the growing human population they have no reason to trust in them either. Several are willing to form a tenuous truce with the humans in order to help drive the combative Sabertooth gnolls from their previous home.

Unfortunately for the gnolls, an agent of the Discord has a plan of its own. The agent is well on its way to corrupting the Sabertooth gnolls within Blackburrow; transforming them into a dark twisted reflection of their former selves. It will not be long before even the gnolls outside of Blackburrow begin to fall under their influence. The gnolls have already begun to show signs of increased aggression that surely can not bode well for Antonius and his followers.

It appears the Sabertooth pushes them out of Blackburrow, and Fippy and his crew are determined to return there.
  4. Coachbrown New Member

I've never delved too deep into blackburrow. Is there any evidence of this "agent of discord" anywhere?
  5. CaptainSkeet Augur

With the reference to Oceangreen, likely this refers to a later expansion revamp of some sort. Not sure.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Seeds of Destruction expansion.
  7. Raltar Augur

I know Fippy is a raid boss in the Underfoot expansion.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That's a different thing. The lore behind that one is, when Fippy dies in Norrath, he appears in the Underfoot and starts powering up to go back and get revenge.
  9. Nniki Augur

More on the Sabertooths...

Cleet Miller says, 'Howdy, _____. Welcome to Miller's Farmstead. I am Cleet Miller. [Henina] and I own this here field o' crops. Look out if you go a-wandering in the field because there are a bunch of nasty [scarecrows] who call this farm home and don't like strangers.'
    Cleet Miller says, 'Henina is my loving wife of twenty-five years. She is a beautiful woman and the proud mother of five great kids; [Cleet Junior], [Baobob], [Tiny], [Chanda], and [Furball]. Henina loves them all very much, even though most of them ain't our natural-born children.'
    Cleet Miller says, 'Furball was just a pup when we saw him tussling with a scarecrow in the fields one day. He was all torn up by the time Tiny chased the 'crow off him. He was hurt bad and couldn't git back to [Blackburrow] 'cause his pa would've killed him for returning a failure. Those [Sabertooths] have some weird and dangerous customs. Henina tended to his wounds and taught him how to behave proper. He gets feisty sometimes, but we love him just the same and he helps out quite a bit on the farm.'
    Cleet Miller says, 'Blackburrow is northwest of here. It is home to a tribe of gnolls known as the Sabertooths. Our own son Furball came from there.'
    Cleet Miller says, 'The Sabertooths of Blackburrow are a bloodthirsty clan of gnolls who claim the Hills of Qeynos as their homeland. The people of [Qeynos] don't exactly respect that claim, o' course.'
    Cleet Miller says, 'Qeynos is due west of here. It is a fine city, one of the finest humanity has. Although I believe it may be built on ancestral gnoll land as the Sabertooths claim. The Qeynos Hills run along the west coast of Antonica and stretch from North Qeynos in the south to Surefall Glade in the north to the Plains of Karana in the east.'

Henina Miller says, 'Greetings, _____. Welcome to the Miller Farmstead. [Cleet] and I have lived out here on the plains of Karana for thirty years now. We grow the finest grains in all of Norrath. Admire the [grains] all you like, but steer clear of those [scarecrows].'
    Henina Miller says, 'Cleet is my husband. He is a hard worker and provides for the [kids] and me.'
    Henina Miller says, 'We have five children. [Cleet Junior] is our youngest and the only one born of my womb. [Furball] is second youngest. [Chanda] is a little bit older than him and [Baobob] is a few years older than her. [Tiny] is our oldest.'
    Henina Miller says, 'We adopted Furball after [Tiny] found him dying in our field. We couldn't very well send him back to that awful Blackburrow place! Those gnolls kill their young who come back to the clan after being defeated in battle. Furball doesn't even remember that place and his home is here now.'

Furball Miller says, '<BARK!> Hiya! <Bark!> <Bark!> My name is Furball Miller. I work here on my father's farm. Of course, he is not my real [father] but he is the one who raised me from a pup. I hope to go back to [Blackburrow] some day and try to get them to stop all the senseless fighting with the humans of Qeynos.'
    Furball Miller says, 'Cleet and Henina Miller are the only parents I have ever known. They found me hurt in their field and raised me as if I were one of their own children. I love them very much. I don't remember my true parents at all but I know they came [from Blackburrow].'
    Furball Miller says, 'Blackburrow is home to a clan of gnolls called the Sabertooths. It is [where] I am from but I really don't ever remember being there. Pa tells me the gnolls there are always fighting with the <BARK!> humans of Qeynos. I wish they would stop and realize that humans and gnolls are not as different as they like to think. <BARK!>'
    Furball Miller says, 'Blackburrow is northwest of here. <Bark!> But I wouldn't go there, _____. They don't like folks like you very much. I wish they were not so <BARK!> stubborn.'