Lord Nagafen and Lady Vox level 52 or lower requirement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Atomos, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Atomos Augur

Why is this still a thing? It wasn't a good idea back then, it's still not 22 years later.

Hanging out in Permafrost for days on Mischief I've watched open world Lady Vox be up indefinitely, on a server where she could (should, if not) potentially drop something like a CoF.

Remove the level requirement for these. Just look at it as adding content to the game for us with little effort. I think they don't have MOTM though, they'll need that for sure.
    Xanadas and Yinla like this.
  2. Trevalon Augur

100% agree with this. It is an outdated mechanic that doesn't have any place in EQ today.

Remove this restriction. It's dumb.
  3. Rauven Augur

Use a DZ. They don't banish then.

I'm surprised the sockers don't have level 52 toons for these things. Its extra loot for anyone who wants to put the effort in. Especially if they don't have MoTM... in that case a PUG of a few groups could easily take them down.

Leave it as is. Its an opportunity for those who want to take it. Something I used to take advantage of back in the day as well.
    Dre. likes this.
  4. Atomos Augur

I literally just said, no one is taking advantage of it, despite the chance for something like a CoF.

Having to keep a character level 52 or below for TWO mobs in the entire game is bad design, period.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

This. It's nice to actually see old boss mobs up instead of permafarmed like everything else. Great thing for a newb/returnee to join in on as well.
  6. Atomos Augur

Once again, this isn't happening. Newbies and returnees aren't killing OW Naggy/Vox, because no one is killing them. Boss mobs just sitting up because no one wants to level an entire character for two mobs in the whole game isn't "nice" or a "great thing," it instead makes the game look bad and unappealing.
  7. Xhartor Augur

It's more annoying on a live server when your mess around in one of those zones and get banished.
  8. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Why is this in the tlp forum? We have aoc so anyone can kill these which is why the cof is also basically worthless. Just farm them in the dz.
  9. Atomos Augur

TLP/AOC does not remove OW content from the game .
  10. SoandsoForumUser Augur

It just removes any need for OW content. If they weren't level restricted you wouldn't be getting the kills anyways and the difference between 100 and 101 naggy kills a week to the server is meaningless. This is a waste of time.
    Triconix and Niskin like this.
  11. Atomos Augur

OW content is still a thing on TLP.

It doesn't matter who is getting the kills.

TBF it also shouldn't have a 7 day respawn, nothing should.
  12. Triconix Augur

Keep it. I have alts specifically created, tuned, and set up for things like soloing Naggy/Vox. It's fun to twink out a char and test it out.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Atomos Augur

Then why are they always up? You're not doing a very good job of killing them. And removing the level requirement wouldn't prevent you from continuing to kill them anyway if you actually were, MOTM might though.
  14. SoandsoForumUser Augur

If it doesn't matter who gets the kills why do you care if no one bothers to?
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

The ONLY reason they are up in ow is because we've been given a GIFT that you can kill them at 60 in a dz. If they took that away 100% ow would be killed regularly.
  16. Triconix Augur

Which server are you looking at? Lol. Cause they certainly are not always up on CT.

News flash: If you change this on TLP you more than likely change it on live. I want it kept on live because I, along with a few other people I know, enjoy twinking level 52 chars and attempting to solo naggy.
  17. Atomos Augur

Not if this fast early expansion cycle continues. Hell people don't want Classic-only to exist at all, much less 2 months of Kunark. The faster expansion cycle is more enjoyable and better overall for TLP, but it's also taking away from item staying power, which has always been one of this game's strongest characteristics, one that is very well received among the players. Whereas the alternative is running a single dungeon in a modern MMO and coming out with potentially several upgrades.

It should totally be changed on Live too.

I'm looking at relevant servers. No one cares that you can solo a level 55 22 year old dragon in gear that was made years and years later, that you probably did only 1 time when you were bored, something you often seem to be. People were doing it long, long ago.

I do find it intriguing how often you play by yourself though.
  18. Triconix Augur

Rarely, if ever. But thanks for your concern.

You seem to be quite bored just hanging out in Permafrost staring at Vox on track, though.
  19. Atomos Augur

What? It doesn't matter who is getting the kills, but it should be getting killed at all, yet it is not.

When content in your game is so unappealing that it remains untouched, would you not want to adjust that content so that people actually play it?

INB4 Captain Neverrightaboutanything comes in saying it won't take only 5 minutes to do and it'll take thousands and thousands of dev hours.
  20. Risiko Augur

This seems like a silly request considering that everybody and their dog can get their own instance to kill these two dragons in every single week.

I'm not quite sure why you are so annoyed by it.