Lord Kyle Bayle Group Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sphynx_CT_SR, May 21, 2014.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

I almost want to say that it has something to do with either an invisible aura (which is odd once you turn everything off, including spell particle effects) or the fact there are more than 10 people in a reasonable confined space with wall textures that are much too dense. Turning the fire pots off made a very slight change, but I found standing on the ramp just outside of the room helped tremendously with my ability to consistently cast spells.

Obviously this is something that was not tested, and needs to be addressed. 100+ players from the top 2 guilds game-wide complained about this at once, so I think it's pretty much a given that a problem exists.
  2. SaderakhBertox Augur

What are GPU temperatures like in the raid? Dead Hills 1 has my GPU temps 10-15 celsius higher than anywhere else in the game. This is with everything off, particles, grass, etc.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

My computer is rather stout; I can even toggle an overclock with no adverse heating affects. I cannot imagine 100+ people, from all over the country/world, all overheating during this raid.
  4. Denial_Sinfae Augur

If you remove the Mez from the infinite Coercer spawns, or just get rid of coercers, this will be a fun and enjoyable tough mission....

Granted, it'll be a much much much much much longer than any other mission of it's kind in recent EQ history.

Make sure you're noting health as you DPS named who spawn mobs at health based. The first wave on Bayle though is spawning 2 adds instead of one consistently.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

We just beat it with SK, Cleric, Ranger, Wizard, Bard and a Merc-o-Matic healer... Used VPx2, QMx1 (once on the merc instead), mod rod x3, Staunch just to keep going. Probably a tad on the over tuned side for just a group mission.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  6. Piemastaj Augur

The Dev who created the raid tried to fix the lag and couldn't find a way possible. Even was removing things in the room and such to try and cut things down. Nothing seemed to work.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Yet still pushed it live the way it was, as opposed to moving it elsewhere. ;)
    Smallpox and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Is the lag only on the raid?

When we just beat the group version, I was initially boxing my chanter and wiz, but it just wasn't working out with me picking everything up. So I dropped chanter for guildy bard bot and won.

But.... I was able to function just fine.

@Chandrok What's with the itemization!! Zerks can get a little neck love, last upgrade was VoA.... and.... This sword is best used to hold beans. It's the pride of Qeynos! Bahhaha, terribo humans.

[IMG]
  9. OldCa61 Augur

Thanks for the loot postings, keep them up. I plan on dying over there often...
  10. Falos Augur

Zerkers are using the tank or bard archetype necks...

at least i hope to god they are.
  11. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Right now that is probably the case, but Frenzy mods are few and far in between.

If it's best suited for zerks, it should have a frenzy mod in a Frenzy mod slot imo.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Wow, that's a sweet looking trophy.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

I was laging and unable to do anything at raid... lowered everything down and turned /log off wich helped a big ton... I am now lag free inside the raid instance but I destroyed by option seting for one zone... can we get a option to save our seting ???
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Oh .. yeah !
  15. Kunon Augur

We hit this mission with SK, Pally, Cleric x2, Necro, and Monk.

It wasn't too hard but required everyone to pay attention and to use all the tools in their toons toolbox. We all agreed it gave a sense of accomplishment that has been missing from pretty much every mission outside of one or two from VoA. It is a great mission that can be beaten by a lot of different group combinations (as seen in this thread) but a lot of people probably wont be beating it in its current form.

The thing about this mission is it requires a full group, everyone to know their toons quite well and for the entire group to work together. Everyone has to be able to react quickly and effectively and also be willing and able to fulfill secondary roles as the need arises.

**Edit
    Lag in the mission isn't bad at all. The raid on the other hand can be brutal for some people that use weaker computers even after turning off all effects if they don't look into the ground.
  16. Falos Augur

There are so many things wrong with this mission I don't even know where to begin. Is it doable? yeah, it's not even the hardest group mission in the last 5 years of EQ BUT it is a bit ridiculous atm.

The most annoying thing to me is the trash adds that will mez random people randomly, I also find it extremely hard to sustain mana with group geared toons in this mission. The debuff is kind of overkill. This particular mission feels more like a gear check than a skill check, aside from the annoying mezzes which penalize everyone equally no matter their gear level. It reminds me of that conquest in the heart of fear xaric mission that required almost no skill but was exceptionally hard to do in group gear but much much easier in raid gear (simply because of the damage the dt was doing)
  17. Fastosus New Member

Beat this yesterday morning with: Monk / Warrior / Mage / Wizard / Cleric / Druid.

Mage pet tanked all the nameds, warrior tanked all the adds, monk gripped all adds to tank. Nothing too special, but it worked.

I would say this is definitely way overtuned for group geared people, but I thought it was a very fun mission in all honesty.
  18. Krinsothz New Member

This group mission was a pain in the but last night we were able to complete it with the key being 2 tanks. 1 being fully raid geared pally and the second being a fully raid geared ShadowKnight. One knight on the bosses and one controlling adds. We also had an enchanter who would mezz or stun anything he could. We had a cleric wizzy and necro. After the the second attempt we were able to win.
  19. Drakang Augur

Learning a new event and needing to capture all the crap going on means turning off logs is not really an option. Add in a lot use GINA for triggers which means logs on.
  20. guado Augur

Best zone ever. Tower of Not!

I would also appreciate a longer beta and test period for the next release, since AA and spells are less than a month away.
    Yinla likes this.