loot mistakes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elricvonclief, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Elricvonclief Augur

A guildy looted mistakenly on an alt, from an older T1 raid. I'm aware that SOE announced they would be reducing rectifying these mistakes.

Now SOE is flatly refusing to rectify these mistakes. REALLY???

Are you seriously telling me that if someone hits the loot key by mistake it's gone? No recourse?

I'm just saddenned with this.

Squeaky wheel gets ignored or banned, apparently.

To think I was supportive of the new expansion model, makes me /facepalm
  2. Naugrin Augur

Keep petitioning.....hound them.
    Leerah and Iila like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We recently got an item transferred after a someone looted the wrong item, but the player must have been at the raid, and not just zoned in after the event ended.
  4. Koneko Augur

it might not help seeing as it would be 7 days between petition times for this would be easyer to just get another drop during that time (the 7 days is due to how long it takes for them to close a petition so you can send another one or that's what my timer is atm)
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

It happenned last night, bud had a brain fart, looted a hate mask on his necro, instead of SK alt.

It just burns me, it seems a simple switch.

I understand the in zone for transferring loot rule. The problem here, the loot was claimed by a necro ( tank hate mask) that he meant to loot on his SK. Mistakes happen, so be it, it was petitioned to go to a tank class that was in raid at the win.

I understand not awarding to someone not in zone, but flatly refusing to look at it I do not.

The scary part is I was warned by friends not to post this, or SOE might ban my account to try to cover up this.

I mean seriously, I've paid money monthly, and bought expansions since 2006.

I just think this is wrong. I"m also posting this to http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?p=219004#post219004

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24170

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11745
  6. Coardan Elder

Maybe the devs could change no drop mechanic to a bind on zone/logout. Probably not trivial but it would help this situation.
  7. Mithrandyr Augur

I would like to see a set raid loot by name mechanic. We already have a set raid loot option. It could be done by item by player name.
  8. savrin Augur

They should just make the gear tradable amongst anyone in the guild that beat said raid. That would be a good fix for it.

At the very least it should be tradable between any toon with the lockout timer for that raid. Making everything no drop so it cannot be sold or given away is one thing. But raiding takes a guild effort and there should be a better way to get gear to the players that won it.
  9. fransisco Augur

I think it depends upon who answers the petition. I looted the wrong item once (was playing 2 toons). I peititioned immediately, and a day later it got switched.
    The gm had wanted to verify that both characters were there at the time of the looting, so that I wasnt just giving the item to another character.
  10. Kreacher Augur

I feel for your guildmate.

I also have a bunch of raid gear on a variety of toons that I'd like to transfer to Alts.

Let me know if you get this resolved.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I guess they should just add in 20 yes boxes that you have to click before you can loot a no drop item. One apparently isn't enough.
  12. Gragas Augur

You can turn off confirmations, true story.
  13. Tarrin Augur

Which should almost disqualify a hypothetical petition.
    Tarvas likes this.
  14. Gragas Augur

Or CS could actually do CS stuff and SUPPORT their CUSTOMERS. People make mistakes, that's a fact that more than likely is never going to change.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Tarrin Augur

Fair enough. First time you make a mistake due to turning off the device that helps you to not make those mistakes, its a requirement you must keep it on for 1 year.
    Now when someone else has a legit mistake or issue that is not due to them turning off an option that is there to help them not make that mistake....they have to wait for petition line to go down, the one being clogged by self inflicted ( in the form of turning off those options ) wounds.

Edit : I thought there being a warning saying " are you sure you want to loot this?" WAS a way they were SUPPORTING their CUSTOMERS...by stopping mistakes before they happened.
  16. Gragas Augur

Seriously why argue with me? Could care less if people miss loot or not, but it does happen or if they have the confirmation box options turned off. (Heck they put it in the game, they should have to deal with any issues that disabling the confirmation box cause or remove it from the game).

When a company straight up puts out a statement saying they will never resolve any miss loot issues because of some peoples miss use of the loot system, as a paying customer this should alarm everyone who pays for sub's or expansions for the game. It is a gradual slide down to not having any CS eventually for any type of issue.

Not going to play forum lawyer with people who evidently have never made a mistake in EQ or maybe been in a raid instance for a first time kill where the guild leader had to loot everything before expedition collapsed (Hello beta testing VOA on live and First time kill on Triunity).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Doesn't alarm me at all. Its actually a compliment in a way. They believe their customers know how to read. You should feel honor that they believe you can instead of treating you like a 2 year old.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Bottom line misloots are players fault and not SoE. Deal with it.
  19. Edrick Augur

Let any item in an instance, be it a group or a raid, be tradable only within that instance. Once you leave that instance, the item becomes No Trade, like normal. I think that would solve pretty much every single problem with mis-loots, unless there is a possibility for an exploit I'm not thinking of.
  20. Brosa Augur

I see the frustration in this. I've done it myself....but I'm going to have to side with Tarvas. It's not like the player was robbed, hacked or cheated out of anything. On the other hand they have made it possible to recover accidently destroyed or sold items.