Loot lockout is too long for raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tumbler, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Moege Augur

And your point is ? Currently on live it gives a lockout, which quoted poster said he/she farmed.

* Well aware it is being changed.
    ** How about you read the word currently and pull a dictionary closer.
  2. Lianeb Augur

The drops from the velium sentries are not required to win the raid.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  3. Bamboompow Augur

Grats on making this entirely all about you. Thats ok. It happens a lot around here. Sometimes its best to use the PM button to Dreamweaver.
  4. Tharnkiss Journeyman

That is not true. If you have someone with no loot lockout request the raid, then kill 1 mob. Then you can still get the augs to drop in the raids/missions. So the raid CAN still get the augs on raid day.
  5. Piemastaj Augur

They should just make separate instances to farm the augs in that have 0 mobs from the raid tbh.
    Yinla and Kimbella like this.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

They need to remove the trash mobs from all raids and make trash mobs that you have to kill during the raid drop the items.
  7. Ashian Augur

It was somewhat said above. My proposed solution to the OP that doesn’t involve changing guilds, raid days, or any other nonsense:

Next cycle when you’re off lockout on a Monday, request the raid and kill a single mob. This will give you a loot lockout of 4.5 days, aka through til Saturday morning. I’m assuming your main complaint is that you don’t have time on Mondays/Tuesdays to clear the zone, but hopefully you have time to quickly kill al single mob. When your guild raids the event on Wednesday, you’ll be halfway through your loot lockout and will not get a new timer. Come Saturday you can request and clear the raid trash for Diamondized Precious Ore and Frozen Fates, which will give you a new 4.5 day lockout. Once again when you raid on Wednesday, you’ll still have your loot lockout and won’t get a new timer. You can continue clearing the raid each weekend to your heart’s content. The key is to have your personal loot lockout timer active when it comes time for your guild to do the raid on Wednesday.

Goodluck.
  8. Tumbler Lorekeeper

Considering I started the thread, and wanted to make sure that what I typed was communicated directly. Of course that is entirely about me and what I wrote. PM to Dreamweaver would do nothing.
    Dewhead likes this.
  9. Lianeb Augur

I don’t recommend this as it is also against the “intended game play” rules. If you wait till 1 mob is cleared then join because you had a lockout or don’t want the lockout, you are circumventing the lockouts.

It is intended that you have ONE chance at loot per lockout time, even if you do not receive the lockout timer for a dynamic zone in progress, if the zone is dropping augs.
    Allayna and Daedly like this.
  10. Ashian Augur

You can actually make this work. If the person requesting the raid has the loot lockout, none of the basepop mobs in the instance will drop loot and no new lockout will be acquired. It is only a problem if people with a loot lockout aren’t present for the request and then are added AFTER the instance is requested by a raid force without the lockout.

Note: If the raidleader doesn’t have a lockout and someone in the raid force does, it will block you from requesting the raid. Raidleadership will need to be passed to someone with the lockout before requesting, at which point the above rules will apply.
  11. Lianeb Augur

Truth, but doing it any other way is not intended
  12. Ashian Augur

The workaround I described doesn’t actually give anyone a double chance at loot, so it should be within the guidelines from the devs on the ridiculous MS thread.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Actually what I said was true.

The way you are stating has been stated by dev's as not the way to do it. That is getting around lock outs to receive twice the reward. And is actually a punishable strat via devs.
    Allayna and Daedly like this.
  14. Mazame Augur

Doing this could lead to punishment as you are by passing the lock outs.

It was said that you could per lock out have 1 chance to farm augs and 1 chance at the event loot.
    If you skirt the lock out and are farming augs as a raid and a 2nd tome on your own you are not following the rules.

What many have said is to have some one with the lock out request it for the raid so that people can farm augs in groups. and that is fine and lets people farm them in their own time.

If you want to farm as a raid that is also ok.

you just can not do both in the same lock out period.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Allayna Augur

Remember when a lockout was just a lockout and not a multiple paragraph explanation? Pepperidge Farm Remembers....
    Yinla and Whulfgar like this.
  16. Moege Augur

This is why I gave up trying to get clarity, dev says one thing players say whatever suits their wants.
  17. Tharnkiss Journeyman

It's not against the intended play. As if no aug or aug mob is killed while raiding. Then said person doing it after will have 1 chance to loot the augs. The dev clearly said 1. If you don't kill the mobs then your not bypassing anything.

The problem is if you have the raid killed. Then you can't request the mission because the "raid" targets are down. Which is just stupid.

What would be circumventing it is having 1 person go in and solo a mob. Then inviting in other people who won't get the loot lockout. Then repeating this. That is what isn't allowed. However; having 1 mob being brought over and killed. Getting the loot lockout on 1 group, then inviting others and not killing a single other loot aug mob. Then that is totally within the guidelines specified above.
  18. Ashian Augur

Why risk it? Just kill 1 mob, drop the instance, and then re-get it with the rest of the raid added. This will ensure that if you DO end up killing more mobs, an aug will never drop. No potential issues.
  19. Allayna Augur

It's funny how everyone jumped on our backs about the way we did alt raids and this is still being debated as what is currently acceptable. It's not clear, the clarification isn't clear as you can see by the debate in these posts. What does that mean for a guild like ours, it means we avoid it, we have to make additional rules (never fun for the leadership of a guild)....

Seems clear to me....that the dev's need to fix the /dzadd and loot lockout functions of the game and silence everyone.
    Yinla likes this.