Loot lockout is too long for raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tumbler, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Tumbler Lorekeeper

It's just annoying because we raid on Wednesday. We do all 3 raids, then we have a loot lockout all through the weekend and can't get any augs. Because of the already long length of the raids, we don't clear the mobs prior to the raids. Anyways, please lesson the loot lockout to 3 days.

Or find another way to split the raid augs and gear from timers.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It is split. You can do the augs before the raid. You can do the augs with single groups.
  3. Tumbler Lorekeeper

Yes it'd be great if I could.

However, I have no time on Monday and Tuesday. If I did it on Monday and Tuesday then I could still raid and do them on the weekend. You can farm the augs as much as you want if you have the loot lockout.

The problem is getting the loot lock out on a different schedule than the raid. Once this is achieved then you can farm the augs whenever. Which is why the lockout should be 3 days.

I understand you can do it with a single group. It just sucks if your loot lockout is the same as the raid lockout. Because then it prevents you from doing it to actually get them if your guild doesn't kill the stuff.

Does that explain my point better?
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yeah... you want the loot lockout to match your raiding and work schedule. Gotcha.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

It only takes 1 person or group in the guild to do a farm run on Monday or Tuesday to prevent everyone in the raid from getting the loot lock out. I highly doubt they are going to reduce the lock out time of these.
    Axxius and Bigstomp like this.
  6. Tumbler Lorekeeper

Thank you for your post. I think I understand what your talking about. We won't get loot lock outs if we have a person who already has a loot lock out request the raid?

Can you request the raid with an event lock out and no loot lockout? That is what your suggesting correct? I guess that is what I was asking for. Here's to hoping this works; because I think you found my solution.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

If someone has a loot lockout, and the raid is requested, it (should not) drop trash loot.
    Other participants will not pick up a loot lockout, so they have the option to go farm their own trash later since this expedition is dead to them for trash loot.

If you have an event lockout, no, you won't be able to request it.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

No.

You have two days prior to raids to hit them. If you can not clear your personal schedule to do so, I see no reason the dev's should consider your request logically.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Tumbler Lorekeeper

That's just a bad design.

Remember, anguish Aug mobs. How you could do them separate from the raids. That was a good set up. Next expansion (or this one if possible) let's try and get it to a more reasonable system. One that allows the people that play this game to enjoy aspects of it irregardless of their real life responsibilities.
  10. smash Augur

Except those were total seperate.
  11. Tumbler Lorekeeper

Exactly why it was better.
  12. Daedly Augur

So this confuses me. I was trying to figure out today how I was going to farm them. We did both EW raids today, the loot lockout was the same as the regular lockout. 4 days and I think 12 hours. So without the loot lockout being only 2 days, how could you do what you suggest?

It is my understanding from the devs comment that you are not allowed to participate in a raid if you already have a loot lockout. Maybe didn't understand though.
  13. enclee Augur

I don’t understand the design behind two separate lockouts. Why care so much about people potentially farming trash? They’re augments not the actual gear.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you don't kill any trash you shouldn't get a lot lockout. They are two different things. Then anyone can Farm them anytime.

Just make the instance available even when the event is down but there is no loot lockout.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Ok for simplicity allow for a start time frame of Raids being on Sunday.

Clear all T1 raids sunday (three raids) - Lock outs start here.
    Monday - Lock outs still
    Tuesday - Lock outs still
    Wensday - Lock outs still ..
    Thursday - Lock outs start to fall off (depending upon what time raids were downed)
    Friday - No loot lockouts.
    Saterday - No loot lock outs.

Which gives you Friday and Saterday fully .. to get into those same exact T1 raids an kill the trash to farm the mat's required to make the type 19 augs.

Which mean's that when raids for your guild start back up on Sunday. Not a single type 19 aug mat will drop in those raids if you are in the raid because you farmed those either friday or saterday.

This is exactly how it worked in TBL, and the dev's designed it to work thus ..
  16. Lianeb Augur

I did the raids last week for augs with event lockouts.

You can request the raid for aug farming if the event is locked out. None of the event mobs spawn but the trash does.
  17. Moege Augur

Ummm how.. They velium sentries in Easter Wastes raid drop items that currently count for a loot lockout. Unless you don't kill them /puzzled

Great Divide maybe if there is not some (filtered word) person that goes over to the tizmarks for no good reason
  18. Daedly Augur

Got ya, I understand what you mean now. Thanks.
  19. Thraine Augur

OP, there are lots of guilds out there that raid sun and monday, if you were in one of those guilds you could farm your augs on the weekend.

Seems easier to change your raid schedule rather than change the entirety of everquest to match one persons needs.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  20. smash Augur

And if you spend time in bug, you could see thats a bug. Which is being corrected