Loot lockout and task timer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

So there I was doing Fire Fight with the wife. The internet went out. When we came back we still had the mission so we finished it.

We have a 2hr 16 minute task timer, but the loot timer is 5 hr 32 minutes.

Is there any way to make the loot lockout reflect when the mission was actually obtained? Instead of starting the moment you kill the mob?

So my understanding of this is with no explioting I can have a Loot Lockout and the task replay timer will be expired. So I'll be able to get the task, but have no chance at getting loot.

If this is the case, can we make it so that the loot lockout reflects the time that the mission was actually obtained and not the time the first loot mob was killed?

Thanks
  2. FawnTemplar Augur

That would work if there was a chest but the loot lock is connected when the last four mobs die since that is where the loot drops.
  3. Dewey Augur

When you get a task timer it starts when you request the mission. For instance if it took you 4 hours to do the mission you would have 2 hour lockout timer.

The loot timer should also go back to the time when you requested the mission. So that it matches the task timer.

What is the point of making the task timer 6 hours from request if the loot timer is 6 hours from the last portion of the mission. The loot timer should be based off of being able to do the mission every 6 hours. With the current setup it is not because of the time it takes to get to the end mobs.
  4. FawnTemplar Augur

The two lock outs are doing two different things and triggered in two different ways that is why they are not the same.
    Pirlo likes this.
  5. Dewey Augur

So we will have to agree to disagree. I understand what the exploit was and why they had to add the loot timer. I have no issue with that. My point is before it was designed to allow people to have a chance at loot and the task every 6 hours.

Now due to the change it makes it so legit players who take a long time in the mission could have up to 12 hours before repeating the task for loot. That is not what I believe the intent of the loot timer does. I totally understand it's for 2 different things, but the loot timer not equaling the task timer is producing an undesired result.

For the most part, people with good gear and raiding guilds will see no change. Their task timer and loot timer will be within 15 minutes of each other. Whereas, people that don't have good gear or people who move slower could get up to a 5 1/2 hour difference in the timers(which is not intended)
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If it takes someone 5+ hours to beat Fight Fire then there's something wrong... Losing power/internet is more of a one off scenario and not the norm that people will experience on a daily basis.
    Brohg and FawnTemplar like this.
  7. Dewey Augur

Yes, however, I gave the most extreme case.

If they use this in the future then it could be even longer for the lockout. The mechanic of it needs to be changed.