Loot lock out and PoF raid(TBL).

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ragnar_Lodbrok, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Toti New Member

No info from any devloper about something that concern a lot of players. I assume its not that bad to restart PoFire raid instance if you didnt get a loot lock out. What I understand its not forbidden or any exploit to join a PoFire or any instance with a loot lock out.

So with this information I guess its ok.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

That's to bad because this concept is implemented in so many different aspects of life. There is a reason why companies have employee committees that give input into varies things. The reason being is the employees are the ones with the boots on the ground and actually deal with any of the changes made. Its no different here the only thing would be the selection process. They could email out surveys to all customers, those who want to serve on the player committee could fill it out. Based on the responses they could narrow it down to a certain number of applicants (ideally there would be a committee for Live and TLP). Once they narrowed it down to a certain number they could then make the selection either via a player vote or they could keep it internal. There could be some incentive in being on the committee to promote players to join and to be active when needed. Basically these committees would function as a reasonable voice and have the ability to look at things objectively and point out any potential issues with a certain design. Things that are obvious to us as players might not be so obvious to the developers when they come up with the next great idea. Anyone who would laugh this out of the building obviously has never worked in an environment where team building and constructive feedback are encouraged. The committee would not be involved in actual game design or decisions about things but rather just give input into potential issues with a design so the developers can better fine tune things before they pull the trigger and make them live and then have threads like this one created.
  3. Intenso Augur

4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Up until Daybreak took over they did have a player council.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I guess I should feel privileged to have something drop on first run through of fight fire? I really feel that the lockout should only apply to the character requesting the mission. So much need in this expansion to pull people along with your usual group. Redos are inevitable.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Use your head. If you avoid a loot lockout and get another instance, you're taking advantage of a bug. Enjoy your suspension if you do it.
  7. Drakang Augur

Well if they don't change this its a work around to the account wide loot lockouts punishing people that legitimately want to raid with two guilds on the same server on the same account since the win lockout is per character.
  8. Gundolin Augur

Any word on this yet? The account wide lock out is very hard on guilds that rely on alts as a substantial part of their raid force.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I would have preferred more than one mission dropping them. Perhaps a smaller rate but more missions. It's not hard to do, but FF wears on the patience fast now.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Loot lockout has no effect on raids at all. The only thing you need to do is if someone has a loot lock, make them raid leader as you request the raid.
    Means augs won't drop in the raid, but if you're doing the actual raid it doesn't matter.
  11. Dewey Augur

You don't even need 6 people.

If one person is online, and had 5 level 1 toons in group. The 5 other level 1 toons in group are offline. Then you can request the raid. Because the system does not know what level the offline characters are on.

So technically you can use 2 accounts to get 1 group made up of off line characters and requests the mission.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So beacuse 1 member of the guild has done some aug farming outside of the raid the rest of raid gets no chance of getting any augs during the raid? That is just wrong and selfish! Any of our members with a loot lockout unless from our raids, are not going to be in the instance for the event.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

That's a social problem not a technical problem.

Your people aren't accidentally getting a lockout. They need at least 6 people. Then they have to request a raid instance. Then they have to zone in and kill something. (and those raid mobs hit hard, they aren't doing it by accident).

Talk to your raid team, social problem.
  14. svann Augur

The design encourages farming them outside raid. Does your raid really want to spend the extra time on a raid night clearing the entire zone for maybe a few type 19 augs? So if you are lucky 4 augs split between 54 people? Much better to split those 54 people into 9 separate groups in the days before the raid and farm 4x9= 36 augs.

Of course the people that only log on for raids wont be there and may feel left out, but if they dont group outside raiding then they cant evolve the item anyway so they really have no use for type 19 augs.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Took an extra 30 minutes to clear PoFire after the event, we got 9 augs the first week, 14 more last week for the sake of half an hour at the end of a raid night I think it is worth it.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

Those are high numbers. Wait until you get a fallow week.
  17. svann Augur

At that rate though, if you had done it as 9 separate groups you would have gotten 81 the first week and 126 the second week.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And those who can only play at raid times get no chance at all. We play as a team there is no I in team.
  19. Schadenfreude Augur

How are people who can only play at raid times going to get the evolving items?
  20. svann Augur

But the people that can only play at raid times will never be able to evolve the items, so they will never be able to use the augs.