Loot filter question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by MysticOne, Apr 10, 2020.

1. MysticOne Augur

Sometimes I want to block a item on my personal loot filter, ( green hats ) for example. It's in my bags, but searching to select NV doesn't work. Is there another way to block it in the ini files or is it just bugged?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yes, you can manually add filters to your files. Go to Everquest > userdata. The file for "never" filters is called LF_Nvr_Charname_servername so for example mine would be LF_Nvr_Xyroff_cazic. The format for adding an item to this list is ITEM_ID^ICON_ID^ITEM_NAME so you first need to find your Item ID and Icon ID. Lucy is useful for this. Search for your item name, then at the top right click the link for "Raw" info. I don't see any items called "Green Hat" but here is an example link for Shamrock Bowler Hat Ornament. The Item ID and Icon ID are listed about halfway down in the raw data. In this case the Item ID is 85448, and the Icon ID is 4984. So you could add this filter to your LF_Nvr_Charname_servername file by adding this line:

85448^4984^Shamrock Bowler Hat Ornament

As for why you can't just use the in-game method for adding your filter... what do you mean it "doesn't work?" Searching for the item just brings up nothing in the list? You have to have seen the item drop at least once before it will appear in the filter list. Otherwise just double check spelling, not sure what else to suggest.
    MysticOne likes this.
  3. MysticOne Augur

Correct, nothing comes up for Shamrock Bowler Hat Ornament, or even just Shamrock. Hat will bring up hats, just not that one. This is just an example, have lot of items that I can't block. Do not have search results.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Try changing the loot filter results list to 50. Sometimes the default 10 limit will truncate the returns.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

They will not show up in that search list until you've made a long-term selection (always need/always greed/never) in the advanced loot window.
  6. Pelrond Elder

Not to hijack but is there a website with a decent tutorial on using advanced looting? I am more used to the old school, gotta kneel down and get whacked when you aren't looking kind of looting. I like the new one but lot's of button and shiny things I have no idea how to use.
  7. Pelrond Elder

8. Etridian New Member

Nice. That is very helpful.
    Pelrond likes this.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

In addition to that tutorial you already found, I'd suggest this video guide to advanced looting, credit to PathToEternity.
    Pelrond likes this.
  10. Etridian New Member

This has really changed my entire game. Wow. How did I even play before I used this tool?
  11. Pelrond Elder

Great video. Well worth the 15 minutes or so to watch.
  12. Bernel Augur

If you already have the item, one way to get it into your loot filter is to drop the item into the "Edit Loot Filters" screen. Bring up /advloot and click on "Edit Filters" to bring up the screen. Drop the item from your inventory into that Edit screen and it should add the item to the list. Then you can tweak the settings as you desire.